What's new

Machining marks on my CG razor

Are these rings/marks typical for the finish of a Charcoal Goods or did I get unlucky?

IMG_1027.jpg
IMG_1025.jpg
IMG_1019.jpg
IMG_1023.jpg

Do not be surprised, though, if CG tells you that there is nothing wrong with the razor. Some machinists do not attempt to remove all machining marks from the inside or bottom of a product. If the marks are in a area that will affect the performance of the razor, then they are definitely a QC issue. However, in this case, they may well tell you that the marks do not affect the shave quality. There is nothing wrong with contacting them, however.

It’s normal machining marks.

If you look closely at the heads on the website you can see very similar marks regardless of material or finish.

Enjoy your new razor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. If I owned that razor I would have thought that was the normal part of the manufacturing. I would have figured that you are not going to see that when it is assembled. Correct?

Milling marks can be reduced by careful finishing; it takes a little more time. You can also see a lot of burrs in the ends of the slots for the comb. That plate has been poorly finished;burrs should be removed.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think that you have done the right thing by contacting the Manufacturer. It will be interesting to see what they have to say regarding the finish.

Does anyone else have a CG with similar marks? The insert with the care instructions does mention Brian's hand finishing and his "exacting standards." Well, I will just have to wait to see what he says.

The machining of the handles is immaculate.

Apologies for the off topic question but, when did CG offer open combs again?

These are the last of the gen 1 open combs before they will be phased out. I don't believe open combs are planned for the current version.

Does anyone else have a CG with similar marks? The insert with the care instructions does mention Brian's hand finishing and his "exacting standards." Well, I will just have to wait to see what he says.

The machining of the handles is immaculate.

These are the last of the gen 1 open combs before they will be phased out. I don't believe open combs are planned for the current version.
I asked him about OCs 2 or 3 months ago and he said it would be next year before he makes more.

The concentric circles are part of the finish....the circular stamp marks, I never saw them in mine, but
mine was bright brass

Brian still had version 1 open combs on his website, the machine swirls are normal but none of mine have the circles.I am positive Brian will be in touch with you. He has always had excellent customer service

Top Bottom