What's new

Maca Root Shave Cream

I need to buy some more of this stuff. I haven't used it in four years or so. But I got the best shaves every time I used it. I even let some of the guys in my unit borrow it when they needed to shave and they said it was the best shaving cream they ever used.

One reviewer of the Maca Root & Aloe formula said this:

... Only thing I was not crazy about was the fragrance [of the earlier formula]. Seems like people either like it or are so-so. This new version still carries the same fragrance, but I find it more subdued. I believe most Maca Root users will be pleased with this version. For me, an added bonus is the new men's moisturizer. It has a very nice, subdued citrus scent which covers the faint shaving cream scent. Together, they are a wonderful combination. ...​

I wasn't planning to buy any more, but I might just try this version, especially since it's on sale now.

I used mine today. Is there any product on the market slicker than this? Its fantastic. For the 3rd pass i just wet my face and lathered up (by hand) what was left behind from pass 2.

Ill have to come back on the cushion. I used a polsilver for my first time and i am a bit hand heavy when shaving lol.:shaving:

For a cream it is way too slick. It outperforms many products which are more famous than Body Shop Maca Root.

It takes much water but watch out, you don't want to lose it's shine and become frothy, because you will lose slickness also. Damn slick product. Excellent for my tastes.

The more I use this, the more I become convinced it’s one of the best values out there. It seems to have the slickness of Cremo with all the benefits of a lathering cream. Really good stuff. I bought three extra tubs which are now in cold storage (i.e., double ziplock bags).

I suggest a massive buy from the Body Shop.

But I I insist. Stay away from the new formula. The older is way better. It has even better label.

I suggest also to name me the Prince of Maca Root. I have many creams but I have an addiction with this one. And @MntnMan62 will be the King.

Having grabbed some while up in Canada, they had the original packaging/formula on clearance for like $7 with the exchange rate, I like it. Very light scent to my nose, and it does perform well, with a nice creamy smooth lather. - Really good residual slickness, you can take an extra swipe or two without re-lathering without irritation.

I've also found it takes VERY little product to make a good amount of lather. I also grabbed a bottle of their post-shave gel/balm, having forgot to bring anything with me me. (What I thought was Afta AS Lotion was Pre-Shave from my electric days...oops). The gel moisturizes well without that greasy feeling that many balms and lotions leave behind.

I suggest a massive buy from the Body Shop.

But I I insist. Stay away from the new formula. The older is way better. It has even better label.

I suggest also to name me the Prince of Maca Root. I have many creams but I have an addiction with this one. And @MntnMan62 will be the King.

Is that really true? I wonder. People can have romantic memories of past wonders.

I'll try the new stuff if i can and it will be an interesting experiment.

This is the old one right? This is what I picked up at TJ Maxx and it's awesome.

macca.JPG

Is that really true? I wonder. People can have romantic memories of past wonders.

I'll try the new stuff if i can and it will be an interesting experiment.
Maybe, what can I say. My thought is that is more slick. The scent is the same to me. The Body Shop shouldn't have changed the old Maca.

Old version, they each came with a synthetic brush as well all for $5 each! I now have about 40+ soaps and 6 creams. With a couple more on the way. My name is Pete and I'm a soapaholic.

Old version, they each came with a synthetic brush as well all for $5 each! I now have about 40+ soaps and 6 creams. With a couple more on the way. My name is Pete and I'm a soapaholic.
Haha! Same here don't worry! 47 soaps/creams...

Top Bottom