What's new

Lustray after shaves

I just saw the bay rum and the spice. Are they any good ? I have never tried either a bay rum of Any type or the spice before..

Lustray lotions are nice old-fashioned splashes that are economically priced. While they won't heal up your skin Iike Proraso, Spieck or Pitralon, they are more like Old Spice and Aqua Velva in that regard. They also are a bit weak in moisturizers, which can be remedied by adding some glycerin, like a small drop per ounce of lotion. They are weak scent-wise, but the scents they have are pleasant, and you can catch whiffs maybe up to an hour after applying. I own all three Lustray lotions, and use them mainly in the cooler/cold seasons to enhance the scent. Spice is warm and comforting, with notes of clove, mint, pepper, vanilla and a deep wood, likely patchouli. Bay Rum is sweet and floral, with a soft rum background. Blue Spice is soft, a bit fruity and powdery, kind off weird IMO. I rank them as follows--Spice, Bay Rum, then Blue Spice. To me the Spice version is much preffered over the Bay Rum and Blue Spice. They are priced reasonably enough to try all three. I advise to at least try the Spice, it has a scent which you want to keep smelling your hands for a while after applying. Atlanta Barber Supply has them for under five bucks a bottle, and they are one of, if not the best, suppliers of mens shaving goods.

Top Bottom