What's new

Lupo stainless?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Could anyone compare the 0.95 to some other very efficient razors that are not Wolfman?

Anything from Blackland, iKon, or Charcoal goods?

The RR 0.95-SB is a very good razor that will get periodic use in my rotations.

The Blackland Razors Blackbird and CG Level 3 DEs take what the RR 0.95-SB does to a higher level. Smoother, more efficient, more effective. In my opinion, they are worth the extra money.

The Ikon B1 Standard is more efficient, smooth, nimble, comparably priced and provides superb results.

The Blackbird, CG and Ikon B1 get frequent use in my rotations.

My opinion and YMMV :cool:

Last edited:
I domt knkw if any of you have used both the. 72 and. 95, and asweord as it may sound, I find the. 95 a more comfortable, smoother, easier going shave?

Anyone else experiencing this? I was hesitant to get the. 95 but I am so glad that I picked it up.

Could anyone compare the 0.95 to some other very efficient razors that are not Wolfman?

Anything from Blackland, iKon, or Charcoal goods?
The Lupo dual comb and iKon Tek are the two most efficient razors in my den (I had a 2011 R41 and did not care for it). They both leave my face with a distinct glassy feeling that is different than any of my other razors. To me the Lupo is less blade feel and less efficient, but not by much. Also this less efficiency is probably due to the fact that I am using the dual comb. They are both too aggressive for me to use daily, but provide excellent occasional shaves. If you like aggressive razors, I definitely think the .95 is worth checking out. The .72 is a top razor for me.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The Lupo dual comb and iKon Tek are the two most efficient razors in my den (I had a 2011 R41 and did not care for it). They both leave my face with a distinct glassy feeling that is different than any of my other razors. To me the Lupo is less blade feel and less efficient, but not by much. Also this less efficiency is probably due to the fact that I am using the dual comb. They are both too aggressive for me to use daily, but provide excellent occasional shaves. If you like aggressive razors, I definitely think the .95 is worth checking out. The .72 is a top razor for me.
Perfect!

I domt knkw if any of you have used both the. 72 and. 95, and asweord as it may sound, I find the. 95 a more comfortable, smoother, easier going shave?

Anyone else experiencing this? I was hesitant to get the. 95 but I am so glad that I picked it up.
I think the .95 is very comfortable, but with consecutive daily use I start to get irritation--on my face which is pretty unusual. I'm sure this is a fault of my technique and not the razor, but the .72 seems to suit me much better. But to your point, I'm not sure if it is more comfortable (or smoother), the .72 just provides irritation-free close shaves for me.

I think the .95 is very comfortable, but with consecutive daily use I start to get irritation--on my face which is pretty unusual. I'm sure this is a fault of my technique and not the razor, but the .72 seems to suit me much better.

It‘s not the fault of your technique. I get some minor irritation from the L95, as well.....a highly unusual occurrence for me. I think the Rex Ambassador is the only other razor to ever cause irritation on my face, and I’ve tried a bunch.

It‘s not the fault of your technique. I get some minor irritation from the L95, as well.....a highly unusual occurrence for me. I think the Rex Ambassador is the only other razor to ever cause irritation on my face, and I’ve tried a bunch.
I believe you have a Timeless Ti .95. How do you think it compares to the Lupo or GC84, if you have tried one of those? I have the Ti .68 and I think it is great but I am now curious about the .95 (scalloped probably).

I believe you have a Timeless Ti .95. How do you think it compares to the Lupo or GC84, if you have tried one of those? I have the Ti .68 and I think it is great but I am now curious about the .95 (scalloped probably).
I have all of those (except the Ti .68), and while I love the GC84 and the L72 is growing on me, the Timeless Ti .95 is in a whole other category of shaving experience. It’s hard to explain in words, but the uniqueness of its design, combined with its perfect weight and its incredible combination of smoothness and efficiency really sets it apart. In fact, I used it this morning and I’m just now starting to detect some new stubble emerging. The only other razor that can compete from a performance (and aesthetics) standpoint is my Wolfman WR2.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have all of those (except the Ti .68), and while I love the GC84 and the L72 is growing on me, the Timeless Ti .95 is in a whole other category of shaving experience. It’s hard to explain in words, but the uniqueness of its design, combined with its perfect weight and its incredible combination of smoothness and efficiency really sets it apart. In fact, I used it this morning and I’m just now starting to detect some new stubble emerging. The only other razor that can compete from a performance (and aesthetics) standpoint is my Wolfman WR2.
What wolfman do you have?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have all the razors you mentioned, all three have sb guard. As far as efficiency is concerned, I don’t feel that there is much difference between the three. The difference is mainly in comfort.
Timeless Ti .95(sb) is one of my top DE razors. Due to the soft face feeling material of Ti and the wide, thick and sleek guard, shaving at a steep angle is a wonderful pleasure, unparalleled comfort, high efficiency, no stimulating and can be used every day.
GC .84 has the smallest blade spacing but the most blade feel.
In terms of comfort, Timeless Ti .95>lupo.95>gc.84.
Lupo .95 has improved the .72 blade vibration at steep angles, .95 has more angles to use, but for me the golden choice of Lupo is to use a natural angle of .72.

A Lupo 72 in Ti would probably suit me to a tee.....oh, what am I saying? I can't even buy a SS 72 Lupo head (well, base plate actually; cap has been available), and I'm musing about a (highly unlikely) Ti version?, hahaha. Been looking every day for a while now, never in stock.

while I love the GC84 and the L72 is growing on me, the Timeless Ti .95 is in a whole other category of shaving experience. It’s hard to explain in words, but the uniqueness of its design, combined with its perfect weight and its incredible combination of smoothness and efficiency really sets it apart.

I wholeheartedly agree. Love the Lupo 72, but the Timeless Ti.95 is just in another league.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 3rd 2021, Still one more test on my new Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Kai SS blade. When I first bought the Lupo .72 if I found it not aggressive or efficient enough I would try a Kai ss extra wide blade to pick it up a notch. Well the 2nd Gen .72 does not need the Kai blade but I still had to have some fun trying it out with (5) shaves on the blade. Well as expected it just gives the razor more blade feel or blade exposure. The shave went great but it will push the razor out of the easy going carefree zone sweet spot into a more attentive shave. For those fellows who shave by blade feel or like even more aggression & efficentcy for coarse tough beards well just slip in a Kai SS blade and go to town because it will not disappoint those IMO.

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72- Excellent mid range Stainless steel razor, shaves well with a standard Gillette blade, no blade taps to worry about & easy to load & with draw blades.
Blade: Kai SS - Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with great longevity. Extra wide by approx .009" thousands of a inch or .0045" per side compared to a Standard Gillette blade.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, excellent scent with excellent lather qualities.(discontinued possibly)go figure.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26 mm tuxedo knot, tuxedo knot is a nice synthetic with cloud like soft tips, some back bone for a good scrub and excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.(-25 C, 38 humidity indoors)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Kai extra wide blade

DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 3 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I guess for completeness's sake I have to throw the Yates H plate into the mix. How would the Lupo 93 compare with the Yates H plate?

I do not need another razor. I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.I do not need another razor.

Top Bottom