What's new

Lupo stainless?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
take a look at the downside of the topcap which i did not polished. one could argue that this, is indeed a very bad finish.. i also see some machining marks. however, as stated above, i have managed to polish the topside of the topcap and the baseplate to a "mühle-like" finish pretty easily. View attachment 1587320
Looks like a 32 surface finish to me. The marks I believe you are referring to come from the tumbling de-burring process.
they don't shine like a wolfman but they will look perfectly acceptable.. i was wrong
Hmmm, with a Wolfman head costing around $325 and a Lupo head costing around $65, me thinks you expect too much.

BTW as a 45+ year machinist, I know something about surface finishes and the cost it takes to achieve them.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Badgerary
Wolfpack Friday 13th

Razor:
Lupo 72SB
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (2)
Brush: Omega 618 Silvertip
Soap: MdC Agrumes
ASL: the "Veg"
20230113_191940.jpg

For the continuing Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up the Lupo 72SB with a 7 O'Clock Black(2).
The Omega 618 Silvertip is my favorite badger, with the perfect amount of backbone and just a touch of scrub, it is soft and splays easily. Only 6-7 swirls were needed over the MdC for a two pass shave.
As soon as I started my first of two WTG passes, the 7 O'Clock Black felt less efficient than the Gillette Platinum, and not as smooth.
Surprisingly it felt much smoother on my neck but still has me wondering if I got a dud, as the first five blades in the tuck were smooth right away.
The blade did feel a bit smoother on the second pass, but all I can give this shave is a "meh".
I think I'll try a fresh Feather next...
The Witch hazel felt slick, the Aqua Velva invigorating, and the Nivea balm finished nicely as usual.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Looks like a 32 surface finish to me. The marks I believe you are referring to come from the tumbling de-burring process.

Hmmm, with a Wolfman head costing around $325 and a Lupo head costing around $65, me thinks you expect too much.

BTW as a 45+ year machinist, I know something about surface finishes and the cost it takes to achieve them.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~
well, i'm not a machinist so i don't know about what kind of surface finish my lupo has. i guess the mühle r94, which i bought new for 70 euro, spoiled me a bit with its perfect finish. it is without any kind of errors or flaws compared to the lupo 58 which cost me 110 euro.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
well, i'm not a machinist so i don't know about what kind of surface finish my lupo has. i guess the mühle r94, which i bought new for 70 euro, spoiled me a bit with its perfect finish. it is without any kind of errors or flaws compared to the lupo 58 which cost me 110 euro.
:a4:
There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.

John Ruskin

The Lupo .72-OC made the rounds today. Excellent smoothness with just a touch of blade feel to let one know what was happening between steel & skin. Superb finish as there wasn’t much to knockdown from yesterday’s shave. Just a really nice shaver that actually takes it easy on the skin and vicious on the whiskers. Go get one already!!! :ihih:
Great shaves to all…

2426ED4A-0001-451E-BF5F-BF7668B56DD2.jpeg

I am on the 2nd feather blade now, first with the 95 OC, then the 95 SB. Interestingly, the feather works quite well in the both, no weepers, no stinging at all. I tried less sharp blades that caused minor AS splash stinging. The SB is way smoother though, the OC with the feather feels a little rough during the shave, but still no irritation. The OC is more efficient pass for pass, but my champ is the 95 SB.

I am on the 2nd feather blade now, first with the 95 OC, then the 95 SB. Interestingly, the feather works quite well in the both, no weepers, no stinging at all. I tried less sharp blades that caused minor AS splash stinging. The SB is way smoother though, the OC with the feather feels a little rough during the shave, but still no irritation. The OC is more efficient pass for pass, but my champ is the 95 SB.
Precisely why I so love my Lupo DC. Remove taller growth with the efficient yet friendly .72OC side, then rotate to the .95SB side to whisk everything silky smooth. Fantastic and somewhat unique design, and I find it pretty blade non-dependant - seems to work well with any decent blade.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Shipping and VAT bite! The EU has a lot to offer but, taxation isn't one of them!

Shipping and VAT bite! The EU has a lot to offer but, taxation isn't one of them!
yes, the eu has indeed a lot, "to offer"... by the way, taxation works both ways. shipping from inside of the eu to northern america and shipping from northern america to nations within the eu. in both cases, the end user pays all of the additional costs out of his own pocket.

back to the topic.
Winner Stainless is a winner. I sound like a broken record, but another stellar shave with the 95 SB.

Play on broken record.

For me, the Lupo is the best razor you can buy for less than 200usd. That's due to the fact that it ticks all the boxes of what I prefer in a razor... thin head, adequate blade clamping on both sides, stainless, nimble ( even more so with a lighter handle), looks and intuitive to use.

Now this is just me but my Lupos, 72 and 95 feel smoother than my Wolfman wr1 74. I can't figure it out but I experience it every time. Can't say that about my WR2 1.25... that baby is super smooth but look at the price.

Now here's the probably unpopular opinion; I'll choose the Lupo over my Blackbird any day. Never have I wanted to love a razor like the BB and I still try. I've been through 3 versions machined and satin Ti plus a stainless. I don't like the blade clamping although that shouldn't really be a big deal since my Muhle R95 is very similar but the BB gives this rough feeling on the ATG especially up over my jawline. Nor am I a fan of the head angle and sharpish edge on the guard bar. I'll pull out the SS version and give another try now and again but it's always the same. I think an ERA lvl 5 would've been more to my taste but too late for that... discontinued. 😔

No offense meant to any members as we all have our preferences, but it's just another reason I feel the Lupo is such a great value for me.

Sorry for rambling but aye, I enjoy me some Lupo.

Last edited:
Play on broken record.

For me, the Lupo is the best razor you can buy for less than 200usd. That's due to the fact that it ticks all the boxes of what I prefer in a razor... thin head, adequate blade clamping on both sides, stainless, nimble ( even more so with a lighter handle), looks and intuitive to use.

Now this is just me but my Lupos, 72 and 95 feel smoother than my Wolfman wr1 74. I can't figure it out but I experience it every time. Can't say that about my WR1 1.25... that baby is super smooth but look at the price.

Now here's the probably unpopular opinion; I'll choose the Lupo over my Blackbird any day. Never have I wanted to love a razor like the BB and I still try. I've been through 3 versions machined and satin Ti plus a stainless. I don't like the blade clamping although that shouldn't really be a big deal since my Muhle R95 is very similar but the BB gives this rough feeling on the ATG especially up over my jawline. Nor am I a fan of the head angle and sharpish edge on the guard bar. I'll pull out the SS version and give another try now and again but it's always the same. I think an ERA lvl 5 would've been more to my taste but too late for that... discontinued. 😔

No offense meant to any members as we all have our preferences, but it's just another reason I feel the Lupo is such a great value for me.

Sorry for rambling but aye, I enjoy me some Lupo.

Is the cat going to start shaving too? Great picture.

Play on broken record.

Now this is just me but my Lupos, 72 and 95 feel smoother than my Wolfman wr1 74. I can't figure it out but I experience it every time. Can't say that about my WR2 1.25... that baby is super smooth but look at the price.

I don't have the Wolfman, nor the BB, but the Lupo 95 SB/OC, the Progress and the Wunderbar satisfy my needs (for now). I sometimes still pick up the R41 or the 37C for a change. I keep around my R89 for travel, but only because I put a RR SuperKnurl handle on it, it looks stunning.

The Speick AS Splash is my go to. In terms of performance, I don't wish for anything else. For 8€ it is a steal.

Due to it's level of aggresion, the .95 was originally on 'special occasion' duty only for me.

But, as I've become more acclimated to it's characteristics it is starting to creep into the rotation more often.

I've had dozens of shaves with it now using several types of blades and have yet to have a bad time. No nicks, cuts, irritation...nothing. Just hyper-effcient whisker obliteration.

Right now, I still prefer my Mentor (V3A) for most of my daily shaves. I also like to fall back to a GC .68 when test driving new blades or soaps.

But, who knows? The Big Bad Lupo might just become a daily driver yet.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230304_150310.jpg

Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Platinum(3)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: SV Desert Vetiver

Tonight for SV Saturday I chose Desert Vetiver, now usually I choose my gear in the morning and take my photo to post here, occasionally I will photograph it at night. Today I chose the Desert Vetiver, but by this evening I really would have liked the Opuntia, I just couldn't be bothered to take another photo tonight because it was so late so I stuck with my original choice.
The Lupo combined with the Platinum blade is actually very good and left me with a BBS, I suspect that I could probably use them quite happily together. The Lupo is turning out to be a great shaver and I am even getting used to the over heavy handle.

I just decided on purchasing a RR S.S. "Lupo .95". This is a huge leap of faith for me. Primarily, I'm curious if the Lupo will be more efficient than my GC 84-P?

According to 'Michael' of Italian Barber, if I can handle the GC 84-P, I'll be pleasantly surprised with the 'Lupo .95'.

We'll see how this works out. Wish me luck.

b/r

ON_1

I just decided on purchasing a RR S.S. "Lupo .95". This is a huge leap of faith for me. Primarily, I'm curious if the Lupo will be more efficient than my GC 84-P?

According to 'Michael' of Italian Barber, if I can handle the GC 84-P, I'll be pleasantly surprised with the 'Lupo .95'.

We'll see how this works out. Wish me luck.

b/r

ON_1
Should be fine although it's been a while since I've used either, let's see.

Top Bottom