What's new

Luecke finally hits 3000 posts PIF

How many years have you been wet shaving?

• 0-1 years

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 1-5 Years

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • 10-20 years

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 20-30 years

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • 30-40 years +

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • 100-125 years +

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello, I'm Robert Stewart, I'll leave the PIF to someone not started on the journey yet, and I go by my middle name.
And just noticed I'm at 2K Post already:eek2:

Hello, I'm Clay Stewart, I've changed my mind. That strop looks nice, and I do need a second SR. I'm in!

When your boy gets interested...

Two wooden tongue depressors for scales, 2/3s of another one for the blade. Brass paper fasteners make fine pins. But, they can be removed and swallowed.

Two wooden tongue depressors for scales, 2/3s of another one for the blade. Brass paper fasteners make fine pins. But, they can be removed and swallowed.
That's a brilliant IDEA! I'm gonna go work on one tonight!

Nice! That's a great idea.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Not my idea. My grandfather came up with it. Here's his razor...
DSC_3112 - Genco de Roma.jpg

Don't forget to cut down the size of this faux razor. Set it up so it scales to his hands. This will make room for the tang and save enough wood for the wedge. Polyurethane and wax will make it more or less waterproof.

Thanks for the complement on my granddad's de Roma.

Last edited:
Don't forget to cut down the size of this faux razor. Set it up so it scales to his hands. This will make room for the tang and save enough wood for the wedge. Polyurethane and wax will make it more or less waterproof.
Genius! I'm going to do this for sure!

Hello, my name is Mena and every time I mention using a straight razor, my wife freaks out.

I’m in, thanks for the opportunity.

I have a cheap gold dollar that is probably not sharp enough to shave and every time I attempt using it, I get major irritation and some cuts. Needless to say, I’ve only used it for couple of times.

Hello, I am Dan Keeler. You are very generous. Prepare to be thanked.

I love Princess Bride! One of my favorite scenes is right after they kidnap the princess, and they start rhyming. "No more rhyming, I mean it! " "Anybody wanna peanut?"

I've been using a DE for about the last 8 years, but I'm looking to jump up to SRs now.

thanks for your generosity!

Last edited:
Ok, I'll be drawing for a winner on Wednesday! I'll try to post a picture of the goodies tonight if possible.

Hello, my name is Dave. I have never shaved with a real straight razor (only a shavette). I'd love to try.

I have been DE shaving for just over a year and would really like to try straights.

Thanks for the opportunity. This is very generous of you!

Congratulations! I'm not in, but just wanted to say that as a new starter I'm always so impressed with the generosity on show in the forum. Very kind. Hurry up with the next 3k though and I'll be in on the next PIF! :a14:

Top Bottom