What's new

LRod's Acquisition and everything else Thread!

4 shaves in with the WR3 and I can confidently say that it's the razor that has given me the longest lasting shaves.
It's definitely very efficient!

Awesome, I just see alot of WR3 guys with the .50 and up gaps so it had me wondering. I only do 2 passes also, so that gives me confidence about the .35 OC.

I'm sure you wouldn't find the .40 aggressive given your WR1 gaps.

Your advice about my WR1's were spot on. I have the .67 and .74 both in OC and I prefer them to my WR2 1.15 OC due to their smoothness. I do have to work a little harder with the .67 OC because the blade exposure is a bit less.

Let me repost the numbers that @LRod got from Wolfman

.25 = 0
.30 = 0.025
.35 = 0.05
.40 = 0.07
.45 = 0.10
.50 = 0.12
.60 = 0.15

This is really helpful, because my WR1's are .10 and .17 exposure so I would think the WR3 .35 with a .05 might be smoother still!

Sorry guys I may have to copy both of you with the .35 OC!! I might get a polished SS version though so we can tell our pictures apart 🍻.

Awesome, I just see alot of WR3 guys with the .50 and up gaps so it had me wondering. I only do 2 passes also, so that gives me confidence about the .35 OC.

True but they are mostly using SB for .50 and .60 gaps. I really could have done with those numbers before trying

.35 OC bronze
.40 SB prototype/bronze
.40 OC bronze
.50 SB stainless/titanium
.50 OC stainless
.60 SB stainless
.74 OC prototype

And maybe others I forget!

There's also a spot available for copper... Also don't pair with too light a handle. I prefer the balance slightly to the handle not the head.

True but they are mostly using SB for .50 and .60 gaps. I really could have done with those numbers before trying

.35 OC bronze
.40 SB prototype/bronze
.40 OC bronze
.50 SB stainless/titanium
.50 OC stainless
.60 SB stainless
.74 OC prototype

And maybe others I forget!

There's also a spot available for copper... Also don't pair with too light a handle. I prefer the balance slightly to the handle not the head.
Lol, you do have room for a copper!!

Thanks for the tip, I already have a WRH7 90mm and a WRH2 80mm that are hollow so I may try a solid handle. I suppose I could always order a handle separately later on. I don't think you need to be on the wait list for handles.

Sorry guys I may have to copy both of you with the .35 OC!! I might get a polished SS version though so we can tell our pictures apart 🍻.
Most of the .50 & up that I've seen are in the SB. I haven't read about many people at all with the OC!

No copying here my friend. It's whatever you like!🙂

Yes I had a tracking number. I believe it wasn't by plane because of all the stops. It had plenty of stops from Beaumont all the way down: Beaumont, Edmonton, Vancouver, Richmond, then from Seattle down to Los Angeles, and then across the US to New Orleans and down to Florida. I may be wrong but it looks to me like it was trucked the whole way!
Well, then you got me. That's just sad.

Hello all!
Hope everyone is well.
Haven't posted much since I've been pretty much shaving daily with my Wolfman WR3.
It has been excellent!!
Just wanted to follow up on my DE blades (that I had never tried) testing that I started a few weeks ago.
I tested a few before receiving my WR3.

Here's some preliminary reporting:
My frequently used blades: Personna Lab Blue, Astor Bic, Bic Platinum, Wilkinson Sword classic & Gillette Platinum.
New ones I tried:

1. Wizamet Iridium Super: Not super sharp but very smooth (Razor used, Rex Envoy)
2. Polsilver Stainless: Very sharp but smooth. Similar to Feather but smoother (Razor used, Rex Envoy)
3. Sputnik: The best blade so far! Very smooth, the right amount of sharpness, closest shave so far and very smooth finish (Razor used, Rex Envoy)
4. Gillette 7'oclock black: Decent middle of the road blade! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
5. SuperMax Diamond Edge Super Platinum: The worst so far! Rough!! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
6. Timor: Excellent blade overall! Very well rounded! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
7. Bolzano Superinox: Not super sharp but extremely smooth. Excellent! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
9. Tiger Czech: Even worse than the SuperMax Diamond! Left patches and felt unrefined (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
10. Derby Premium: Rough & dull! Very comparable to the Tiger blades (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
11. Astra green: Excellent middle of the road blade! (Razor used, Rocnel Elite Brass)
12. Treet platinum stainless: Not good! rough & dull! (Razor used, Rocnel Elite Brass)
13. Lord Platinum: Excellent & well rounded! (Razor used, Rocnel Elite Brass)
14. Treet Carbon blade (Black Beauty): The best of the bunch! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)

So far that's it but I still have quite a few to test in the future. At least I put to use some blades that have just been sitting in storage.

About the Treet Carbon blades:
I had been curious about carbon blades for a while and found a great deal on Amazon for 100 blades.
I don't know what it is about these but they're excellent. And it's strange because the Platinum Treet's which were part of my testing were terrible. My normal favorite blade is the Personna Lab Blue since
it works so well in most razors and I'd have to say that the Treet Carbon is at the same level. I'll be making them part of my rotation. I'm glad I bought 100 of them!

Hope you all have a great weekend! 🙂

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Hello all!
Hope everyone is well.
Haven't posted much since I've been pretty much shaving daily with my Wolfman WR3.
It has been excellent!!
Just wanted to follow up on my DE blades (that I had never tried) testing that I started a few weeks ago.
I tested a few before receiving my WR3.

Here's some preliminary reporting:
My frequently used blades: Personna Lab Blue, Astor Bic, Bic Platinum, Wilkinson Sword classic & Gillette Platinum.
New ones I tried:

1. Wizamet Iridium Super: Not super sharp but very smooth (Razor used, Rex Envoy)
2. Polsilver Stainless: Very sharp but smooth. Similar to Feather but smoother (Razor used, Rex Envoy)
3. Sputnik: The best blade so far! Very smooth, the right amount of sharpness, closest shave so far and very smooth finish (Razor used, Rex Envoy)
4. Gillette 7'oclock black: Decent middle of the road blade! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
5. SuperMax Diamond Edge Super Platinum: The worst so far! Rough!! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
6. Timor: Excellent blade overall! Very well rounded! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
7. Bolzano Superinox: Not super sharp but extremely smooth. Excellent! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
9. Tiger Czech: Even worse than the SuperMax Diamond! Left patches and felt unrefined (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
10. Derby Premium: Rough & dull! Very comparable to the Tiger blades (Razor used, Pils 101NE)
11. Astra green: Excellent middle of the road blade! (Razor used, Rocnel Elite Brass)
12. Treet platinum stainless: Not good! rough & dull! (Razor used, Rocnel Elite Brass)
13. Lord Platinum: Excellent & well rounded! (Razor used, Rocnel Elite Brass)
14. Treet Carbon blade (Black Beauty): The best of the bunch! (Razor used, Pils 101NE)

So far that's it but I still have quite a few to test in the future. At least I put to use some blades that have just been sitting in storage.

About the Treet Carbon blades:
I had been curious about carbon blades for a while and found a great deal on Amazon for 100 blades.
I don't know what it is about these but they're excellent. And it's strange because the Platinum Treet's which were part of my testing were terrible. My normal favorite blade is the Personna Lab Blue since
it works so well in most razors and I'd have to say that the Treet Carbon is at the same level. I'll be making them part of my rotation. I'm glad I bought 100 of them!

Hope you all have a great weekend! 🙂
Have a great weekend, Larry!

Is it a keeper? I gave Tara my specs which are the same as yours .35 OC on Tuesday so I am patiently waiting for my invoice.
It's a keeper for me!
The only detail that I'd change is the size of the head. I wouldn't mind if it was a tad smaller. It's obvious that they designed it after the vintage GEM razors. The Blackland Sabre is better in that regard. But, the Wolfman fit & finish is unmatched and the tolerances are ridiculously good. So it's performance excels!
The head size is just something to get used to.
I'm sure you'll love it!

It's a keeper for me!
The only detail that I'd change is the size of the head. I wouldn't mind if it was a tad smaller. It's obvious that they designed it after the vintage GEM razors. The Blackland Sabre is better in that regard. But, the Wolfman fit & finish is unmatched and the tolerances are ridiculously good. So it's performance excels!
The head size is just something to get used to.
I'm sure you'll love it!
Thanks for the update! I am waffling a little between the .30 or .35 but will probably stick with .35

Thanks for the update! I am waffling a little between the .30 or .35 but will probably stick with .35
I haven't tried any other since this is my first Wolfman. But in OC, the .35 strikes the right balance for me with my 2 pass WTG/XTG (no ATG) shaves. 0.05 blade exposure is perfect for me on pretty much every razor (some blade feel but still very smooth and sufficiently efficient). The .30 is 0.25 exposure which is a tad below what I'd like.
My next future purchase will most likely be an SB WR3 head in the .45 blade gap. I'm curious about the SB's!

Last edited:
I haven't tried any other since this is my first Wolfman. But in OC, the .35 strikes the right balance for me with my 2 pass WTG/XTG (no ATG) shaves. 0.05 blade exposure is perfect for me on pretty much every razor (some blade feel but still very smooth and sufficiently efficient). The .30 is 0.25 exposure which is a tad below what I'd like.
My next future purchase will most likely be an SB WR3 head in the .45 blade gap. I'm curious about the SB's!
I will most likely stick with the .35 OC. I only have 6 shaves with GEM razors under my belt. 3 with the Micromatic OC and 3 with the Ever-Ready 1914 OC. I preferred and found it easier to find the angle with the Ever-Ready. Lol, this whole format is new to me and I may have been an bit impulsive with the WR3 order, but I am looking forward to the adventure 🤣

Hello friends, hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I haven't been around too much but I've been quite busy and barely nothing new going on in my shaving world. Still enjoying my current razor lineup though!

I do have 3 new ones on the list to try (I've ordered the three!;))
As I had posted elsewhere, I ordered a Hone Type 15a in the black finish. This is the aluminum version!
One of those razors that has always intrigued me but never bought. The aluminum version was the cheapest way to try it out. If I like it, I might consider the stainless version in the future. And as you all had mentioned, it's still not here. You were all right by saying that it would take really long!!
It hasn't even left the Netherlands and it's already been 10 days 😂
It'll get here when it gets here, oh well!

full

Second enroute is the new Executive Shaving Outlaw Evolution. This is the same as the Alpha Outlaw Evolution but sold and branded by Executive Shaving in the UK. I ordered it from them because I got a mega deal through a sale that they had this weekend. I paid a lot less (shipped) vs. buying Alpha's version here in the USA.
I previously had the original Executive Outlaw but had sold it because it had a few issues where it never became a favorite in my rotation. Despite the issues, it shaved really good and was a beautiful razor. They have since fixed and improved all the issues hence the "Evolution" name. I expect it to be what it should have been back then so I have high hopes for this one. We'll see!
They shipped it out today!

full

Third up is the Shield Predator GEM razor in the aluminum version. I just found out a couple days ago that they had an aluminum one and figured I would try it after having the titanium version. Since I love the GEM format, I had to buy one! They're ridiculously cheap when purchased directly from Shield.
Even the Titanium is super reasonably priced!
Anyways, it shipped today as well so we'll see how it does vs. the titanium one.
I'll post as they arrive.
Hope you all have a great week!

full

Welcome back Larry! And back with a bang. Looking forward to your impressions of the Executive Outlaw. I had an opportunity to get the original one, but I wasn’t looking for another razor. I might still contact the seller in the future.

Cheers,

Guido

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was all set to buy an ESC Outlaw when I first started. Brian Mulreany convinced me to buy the newly released at the time Claymore Evolution... It was a good choice.

I'm glad they fixed the few problems with the Outlaw. From all reports, these fixes are wonderful. Steve listens to his customers and the machine shop he uses in Hong Kong is first rate.

Top Bottom