What's new

Love my simpsons polo12 best - worth going to super?

Worth selling best and go to super?

• Total voters
So I really love my simpsons polo 12 brush
. I also happen to have chubby 3 in super and love that as well.

any opinions/guess on how polo 12 in super will feel compared to best?

By the way personal advice for those considering polo 12 – please do not be intimidated by it – it is a wonderful brush and I use it for face lathering exclusively. I use three passes most of the times and two passes once or twice a week.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
If you love the Best then there's no reason to go Super; Best is variable but the top specimens of Best are essentially Super, and that sounds like what you have already. So one might say that Super is 'better Best." I'd save a little more money and then get one in either 2 band SiLVERTiP or Manchurian, as you choose.

I like the idea of silvertip, when I compare my chubby 3 super to the polo 12 best - I feel that chubby is much denser and has more backbone with very soft tips - I am assuming the density & backbone would be more in Polo 12 super?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
All the Simpson Super grade brushes I have owned I have sold as I found them too floppy, lacking in backbone, and they bloomed far too much. I much prefer Best grade although it can be variable. My favourite is Manchurian and I even prefer Simpson Pure over the Super. I have not tried SiLVERTiP.

The ‘problem’ with a natural product like badger hair is that there is considerable variability.

For me, Simpsons best shows more variability than their other grades. My favorite Simpsons ‘best’ are essentially the same as their ‘super.’ In contrast, my least favorite Simpsons ‘best’ overlap their ‘pure’ grade. So, you may not notice much difference if you order another Polo in super. Just my $0.02!

I have Polo8 Super.

I also have S1 best, S1 pure, Chubby2 Manchurian.

I feel better with the best, and much better with Manchurian. I would surely agree with @Owen Bawn. If you do not like the soft brushes go for a Manchurian.

Top Bottom