What's new

Lot of Straights for Restoration (Torrey, Karnak etc) and old straight razor boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reformed alcoholics find old bottles of booze in hidden places and reformed razor buyers find straight razors. Here are some that I found yesterday cleaning up my workshop. Some nice projects for anyone looking to learn how to polish and scale up a straight. Also throwing in five straight razor coffin boxes that are sitting gathering dust. One of them matches the Karnak. The other boxes are:Joseph Allen, W&B, Hamon Fa, Paris and Montgomery Ward (Monkey Ward for those of you of a certain age).

The razors, all approximately 5/8ths, are as follows:

A German made razor by Hunter. What looks like a set of antlers on the tang. It had a chip at the heel that I cut out and reshaped.

A nearly matched pair of Torrey's. I was going to make some scales and a box for them so as to have a matched pair but never got around to it. These could be further polished to really make them look nice before putting scales on them. The pic makes one look bigger, but they're the same size and grind. Maybe a slight difference due to workmanship variations.

A Karnak in what I'm pretty sure were not its original scales. These are waaaay more decorative than the scales I've seen on every other Karnak I've bought and I've bought quite a few. It's one of my favorite unknown brands. The wedge end of the scales aren't pinned together, but glued and the razor closes ever so slightly off center and if one's not carefully will touch the scales. This one was in rotation and it may still be shave ready, but I won't promise that. It needs someone to unpin one end and recenter it or put it in another pair of scales. I cannot say enough good things about how well the Karnak shaves.

50 bucks buys all of them. 6 dollars for shipping. I'll throw in a few grams of MdC shave soap as an extra bit of happiness. NOTE: Shipping is for CONUS only. Happy to ship anywhere else, but buyer pays actual shipping cost.

Karnak on top. Torreys in middle. Hunter on bottom.
. $IMG_1863.jpg

$IMG_1864.jpg

$IMG_1865.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom