What's new

Lord Blades

R

rainman

I noticed that the Lord Super Chrome's and Lord Platinums can be had for not too much. The Super Chrome's on ebay $12 free shipping, the Platinums $10 plus shipping and WCS.

I do not like Lord Super Stainless and I don't feel that I am a blade snob as these were the only blades that I decided were unusable.

With this said, do you think I will like either of these blades?

I have been using the Lord Platinums the last two weeks, simply because they can be had for $10 per 100 at WCS. I wanted to know if they were good enough to buy the full 100.

Like you, I found the Lord Super Stainless to be wretched blades. Out of near 15 brands I have tested, they are the only ones that were downright unusable: they ripped my face up, and gave me tons of nicks, and weepers on every use.

I found the Lord Platinums to be slightly better, but I still get more cuts than usual. I think for the price the Red IPs are a much better blade.

R

rainman

Thanks, good to know from someone with a similiar experience with the Super Stainless.

I have found the Lord super stainless to be OK blades, not great but OK. Generally no nicks, weepers or cuts with them. My only issue is that they are not sharp enough.

I tried a super chrome yesterday. One shave in and it feels like a shark. Since they are made by the same company, it doesn't surprise me. They are substantially cheaper, so lets see how this goes.

I am using a pack of the platinums in a barberpole slant and really digging them in that razor. Very smooth and close shaves for me and I can get 4 shaves per blade easy.

I like the platinums a lot better than the red pack IP's in the big slant, so I guess it is a YMMV thing.

Love this YMMV thing here. I found the Lord super stainless one of the smoothest and most comfortable blades out there; in the right razor I can go ATG after the first pass.... My #1 blade.

The super Chrome's and the Platinums are apparently the exact same blade made for different markets (see review section on these blades). For me they are a little less smooth and I do need an extra pass. Longevity is because of that a little less too.

Still one of the better blades for me but no match for the Super Stainless...

The Lord "Platinum Class" is becoming the go to blade of choice in my Slant. Smooth, sharp and forgiving. I've tried something like 20 different blades so far but I'm close to pulling the trigger and ordering a pile of the Lord "Platinums".

The Lord "Platinum Class" is becoming the go to blade of choice in my Slant. Smooth, sharp and forgiving. I've tried something like 20 different blades so far but I'm close to pulling the trigger and ordering a pile of the Lord "Platinums".

I ordered a hundred of them yesterday to feed a slant and wish I had ordered another hundred while I was at it. In a slant these blades really shine.

I used the super chromes in the 38c barberpole last week and it was sharp but it was rough. Had a few weepers.

Clayton

Top Bottom