What's new

Looking for a soap mug

I am rather partial to a vintage Old Spice mug. You can keep your eyes open and find them for about $10.00 or so.

There are blue Currier and Ives shaving mugs all over the auction sites for less than $10. They are ceramic, so they could break if dropped. On the plus side, they have a teacup-style handle. You can save space by hanging them from any kind of hook. I use an S-hook from the wire shelving.

I'm checking my mailbox every day for this work of art from Turkey.
Hand made from hammered copper, with a stainless steel lining.
http://www.ebay.es/itm/172163974073?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
proxy.php

That looks awesome! Please do a thread about it when you finally get it and use it.

Soup mugs are great for hard or croap soaps. I like a bowl for my soap but a soup mug is like a soap bowl with a handle, getting the best of both worlds.

I'm a big fan of Goodwill for shaving mugs and bowls. Everytime I go I find something that would work really well.

I had a typical shaving mug (from a Van Der Hagen Shave Set) for a while but found I liked a little wider mug. Someone recommended one of those Corningware 20oz mugs (w/ lid), which I used for a while. After some time I realized I wanted the same size, just a little shallower, and clear glass. After a couple trips to Goodwill, I found a clear glass soup mug. PERFECT. I also prefer to use lids and bought a silicone lid on Amazon for about $1.50.

-Mc

Top Bottom