What's new

looking for a new brush

There's big and there's huge. A 26mm knot is big (10049, 10104) huge to me is anything above a 27mm knot, the (48, 98, 80, 83, 102, 106) etc

A great cheap big is a 10049, a huge would be the 10048.

Having tried several big and huge brushes recently, I find them really too big for normal usage. Unless you have a beard to get rid off or using straights I'm not sure why anyone will need such big brushes.
Agreed.
The only brush purchase I regret was an Omega 10049 Pro.
I find it to be clownishly large, and way too floppy.
The largest brush I use regularly is a 24 mm SynBad.

Thanks! Was really surprised that these BBBB’s (Big Beautiful Boar Brushes) weren’t mentioned yet.

Hi ryinzana,

I think the Semogue knots are slightly less dense so they'll use less lather plus, their sizes are moderate. A SOC, is 24/55 so that's medium not big.but the 2000 might be a bit floppy as its a 25/62mm.

I love to have big brushes but in the end big isn't necessarily beautiful as they eat too much soap and waste too much lather.
My 2¢ is the largest boar brush I'll ever need is a 24/55, that's a 11126 or any of the other 1000 series.

Agreed.
The only brush purchase I regret was an Omega 10049 Pro.
I find it to be clownishly large, and way too floppy.
The largest brush I use regularly is a 24 mm SynBad.

Hi John,

I think the 48, 98 or 80 would be hilarious to you then. 27/65mm and 28/65mm lol!
I found out that I really don't need a big boar a medium or small is all I need.

Cheers and happy shaves!

Top Bottom