What's new

Long lasting lime aftershave

Vintage Old Spice Lime has some staying power. The lime side fades pretty fast, but the grassy undertones stick around awhile.
Limacol also lasts a bit, though alot more menthol than citrus.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Vintage Old Spice Lime has some staying power. The lime side fades pretty fast, but the grassy undertones stick around awhile.
Limacol also lasts a bit, though alot more menthol than citrus.
Thread derail alert!: Which do you prefer: the old Avon Spicy or the OLD Old Spice? I actually like the Spicy better. More powdery smelling maybe?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
When I read the OP's post, I assumed a straight lime scented aftershave. If that's the case, I would recommend Captain's Choice Lime aftershave. But if I was mistaken about the straight lime scent, then I would go with @OkieStubble on the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum.

FarmerTan

When I read the OP's post, I assumed a straight lime scented aftershave. If that's the case, I would recommend Captain's Choice Lime aftershave. But if I was mistaken about the straight lime scent, then I would go with @OkieStubble on the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum.
Vintage Avon Island Lime is good, but I have to agree with you, the Cappy did a bang up job on ALL his lime stuff.

I would suggest st.johns lime or Truefitt and Hill lime Are the two that come to mind with lasting presence. While not a true lime like G Trumper’s or the discont. Pussers lime they tend to last a lot longer Depending on your body chemistry. The other is royal lime as well which is very similar to Saint Johns.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I would suggest st.johns lime or Truefitt and Hill lime Are the two that come to mind with lasting presence. While not a true lime like G Trumper’s or the discont. Pussers lime they tend to last a lot longer Depending on your body chemistry. The other is royal lime as well which is very similar to Saint Johns.

T&H West Indian Lime and St. Johns Lime is some pretty good stuff.

Take it from an ol' Limey. What's wanted here is Castle Forbes Lime After-shave Balm.
It's only available in balm form, but it's the only "pure" lime after-shave product you will ever need.
No added bay-rum rubbish or other naff scents to contaminate its profile.
Just lime, lime, lime...all the time.
Lime top notes
Lime middle notes.
And lime (you guessed it), base notes.
Because it's made using real lime essential oils, the fragrance is real...strong...and lasting.
Nothing artificial smelling here.
Rather, it smells just like freshly-cut lime.
At £33.50 (USD $46.40) for 5 fl. ozs., it's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
And you get what you want...which is yer lime fix sorted!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Another vote for St Johns West Indian Lime. Go with the cologne strength. Has a nice vetiver note as well, that seems to hold the lime scent and makes it last. If I splash it on heavily it is way too much for the first half hour but then it settles down and the scent lasts most of the day.

FarmerTan

Another vote for St Johns West Indian Lime. Go with the cologne strength. Has a nice vetiver note as well, that seems to hold the lime scent and makes it last. If I splash it on heavily it is way too much for the first half hour but then it settles down and the scent lasts most of the day.
I hate when you post stuff that makes sense. My wallet gets thinner. At least theoretically. My cheapness and fear of my wife trumps your brain everytime (so far...)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I hate when you post stuff that makes sense. My wallet gets thinner. At least theoretically. My cheapness and fear of my wife trumps your brain everytime (so far...)
I have used St Johns Bay Rum and their Lime Cologne for decades. In 2017 the island of St Johns was hit with back to back hurricanes that took the roof off their plant. They were able to salvage some of their lime product but their supply lines were destroyed by the storms. They made do with what they had and they produced what they called their "2017 Hurricane Edition" of their lime cologne and bay rum, the proceeds of which went to charity on the island. Sadly, they couldn't wrap their bottles in the trademark palm fronds, but they did what they could. It is an outstanding cologne, a good bit different from their usual lime, but I liked it so much I got two 8 oz bottles. To make a long story short, whatever is left was bought up by someone selling it on eBay at an outstanding price- last time I looked there were about 12 or 15 bottles left. It isn't their usual lime scent, but it is really nice nonetheless. Quite earthy- that's probably the vetiver.

I have used St Johns Bay Rum and their Lime Cologne for decades. In 2017 the island of St Johns was hit with back to back hurricanes that took the roof off their plant. They were able to salvage some of their lime product but their supply lines were destroyed by the storms. They made do with what they had and they produced what they called their "2017 Hurricane Edition" of their lime cologne and bay rum, the proceeds of which went to charity on the island. Sadly, they couldn't wrap their bottles in the trademark palm fronds, but they did what they could. It is an outstanding cologne, a good bit different from their usual lime, but I liked it so much I got two 8 oz bottles.

Thanks for pointing me to this. The regular St. John’s is priced outside of my comfort zone (though if you know you like it, it’s actually a decent value in the 8 oz size), but at half the price I picked up the Hurricane Edition on the ‘bay. I love it. The lime does predominate as I’d hoped, and all the scent notes are nice and balanced. I experience a bit of burn beyond just the alcohol, similar to what menthol does for me, but it’s short lived.

I went with the Aftershave version since I really don’t like anything too strong or pervasive. This was I think the right choice for my preferences, and it still does has more staying power than most citrus AS.

Only negative, and it’s minor, is that the ink on the bottle is flaking off in areas. Looks a little worse for wear. But given that it’s the Hurricane Edition, maybe that’s appropriate. Good stuff.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ll give a shout out to Proraso azur lime
It’s pretty fantastic. The cream really exploded with lime scent during the lather. I haven’t tried the balm. But the edt is pretty nice and long lasting. Yet subtle.

Reactions: jmd
My favorite lime scent is Mike's Lime soap. I remember him making AS, but he does not seem to be making AS anymore.

I recently bought small bottles of Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk, and Lime Sec. They're OK, but I'm not feeling the love.

Are there any lime after shaves that smell anything like Mike's lime? Scent strength is less important to me.

Reactions: jmd
Ok Gents, I looking for a long lasting lime aftershave. I have Royall Lyme which I really do like and I had Stirling's lime. Neither lasted to long. I also had Stirling's Magaritas In The Arctic which I'm going to day maybe lasted about 45 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm looking for a lime long lasting lime aftershave.

For me, Royall Lyme has lasted longer than anything else I have tried. I wonder, and this is purely speculation, if there have been formula changes to it in the last year or so. I don't remember it to be as long lasting or as tart. I really like it, but I can't figure out what goes in to it after it started being made in the States.

I have found Stirling Lime, Shannon's 25th st. lime and Ogallala bay rum, lime and peppercorns to be very fleeting. CF Lime ASB was also fleeting. Seaforth! Spiced Lime is a lasting scent, but not a true lime. For me, it carries over the "swampy, sulfur" note from the Heather scent.

To sum it up, Royall Lyme is still my go to lime splash.

I see that RazoRock makes two lime aftershaves that look interesting: 1) Essential Oil Of Lime, and and 2) Evil Eye Lime.

Has anyone tried any of these?

Top Bottom