What's new

Long lasting lime aftershave

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Now that I own it and have used it Royall Lyme has got some legs. It's a brighter, more candy lime than Captain's Choice which has cedarwood undertones that soften it some.

I compared the following lime after shaves with two other people, putting three drops of each on a small piece of paper towel:

1. Pinaud Citrus Musk
2. Pinaud Lime Sec
3. RazoRock Essential Oil of Lime
4. RAzoRock Evil Eye Lime

#1 is the strongest, but the whole musk thing doesn't really work for me. Smells cheap. I would not wear it to meet the Queen.
#2 is better. Nothing really good about it but nothing bad either. Fades quickly. I would wear this outside of my house but not to meet the queen.
#3 is better than #2 to my nose. Reminiscent of Lemon Pledge but in a good way.
#4 is in the same vein as Castle Forbes lime cream. Reminds me of some lime-flavored food - I think lemon lime Gatorade but am not sure. Stirling lime after shave is similar, but the Stirling is single dimensional with zero complexity.

I like the scent of #4 but here I have to tell you that #4 is not a true after shave splash. It contains alcohol, but the alcohol is grain alcohol and does not provide any sting - it's more of a balm.

After pondering the dilemma of not being able to find an after shave splash with the definitive scent of Mike's lime soap, I found an acceptable solution - after shaving, I first apply #3, and then rub five drops of #4 into my face. I dare say I would be comfortable wearing this to meet the Queen.

Thread derail alert!: Which do you prefer: the old Avon Spicy or the OLD Old Spice? I actually like the Spicy better. More powdery smelling maybe?
I prefer Avon Spicy over OS....but Avon Brisk Spice tops them both!

Back on topic: Avon island Lime is my favorite lime splash.

Top Bottom