What's new

Long lasting lime aftershave

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Ok Gents, I looking for a long lasting lime aftershave. I have Royall Lyme which I really do like and I had Stirling's lime. Neither lasted to long. I also had Stirling's Magaritas In The Arctic which I'm going to day maybe lasted about 45 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm looking for a lime long lasting lime aftershave.

Citrus scents tend to burn off fairly quickly so they don't last very long. They are usually blended with other things that can help them last longer. Plus, 30-45 minutes is about what you can normally expect from an aftershave.

You might want to try an EdT with a prominent lime note. For instance, Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee has lime with mint, rum and some woody vetiver notes. Good for Spring and Summer, especially. If you shop around, a 100ml bottle can be found for $30-35 and should last a long time.
1614509675802.png

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I don’t have lime that really holds. In face TH lime aftershave and edt doesn’t seem to last long.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Try this: buy some vintage Avon Tribute aftershave. Then pour about half a bottle of Bergamot essential oil in it. It is AMAZING, and will last about as long as any aftershave will, which for me is: NEVER LONG ENOUGH!

Seriously, it smells awesome. Another thing, if you like Spice, you can do the same thing with Old Spice or some vintage Avon Spicy.

My lovely War Department even likes it, which is dang near impossible.

Try this: buy some vintage Avon Tribute aftershave. Then pour about half a bottle of Bergamot essential oil in it. It is AMAZING, and will last about as long as any aftershave will, which for me is: NEVER LONG ENOUGH!

Seriously, it smells awesome. Another thing, if you like Spice, you can do the same thing with Old Spice or some vintage Avon Spicy.

My lovely War Department even likes it, which is dang near impossible.

Dave,
What the heck does this have to do with limes? :crazy:
:laugh:

BTW, Island Lime mixes nicely with OS, as well. :yesnod:

FarmerTan

Dave,
What the heck does this have to do with limes? :crazy:
:laugh:

BTW, Island Lime mixes nicely with OS, as well. :yesnod:
Well, I did me some research my friend! You may have heard the UGLY rumor that I'm not only cheap, but I'm lazy too!

I had no idea what Bergamot was a couple years ago. Seems they are pretty much inedible citrus fruit (lol, kinda like a lime until you turn it into a pie!) that smells like a lime.

And it was cheap. And my lovely bride was in another aisle at WallyWorld so I grabbed one tiny bottle and snuck it in the bottom of her cart as I distracted her by acting like my inner 4 year old and begging her for a candy bar in the checkout line!

Yeah, I have NO ability to feel shame.

FarmerTan

Bergamot = Lime???

OK, if that is what your schnoz tells you, then who am I to argue with a man and his nose.
Brother, you cannot argue with my nose! I may pick my nose on occasion, but God Himself picked my nose before he laid the cornerstone for Earth, so, in other words, "I'm rubber and you're glue! Infinity! End of discussion! And my mother has NEVER worn Army Boots! So there!"

I'm of the Bergamot is in the lime family opinion. Guerlain Imperiale has a good top citrus, but like most citrus, no legs.

FarmerTan

I'm of the Bergamot is in the lime family opinion. Guerlain Imperiale has a good top citrus, but like most citrus, no legs.
Do you think it lasted longer when they more commonly mixed it with whale barf/gall stones or whatever that is? I'm addicted to most citrus, but it's so fleeting!

Top Bottom