What's new

Local Finds & Bargains

Hello people, see many people posting their online bargains like eBay etc, so I was wondering what's your local Finds and bargains you found?

Was in a shop looking for something and stumbled across this double edge razor and shavettet, all together for £4 which imo is a bargain, thought might as well grab it, the guy at the till was like do you need blades, I was like ermmmm I got like over 400 lool 😂😂😂

Anyways I'm interested to see your local Finds and bargains 👍💯🔥🪒

On a side note these asian shops are brilliant for getting stainless steel bowls, coppers bowls and in general shaving bowls but you have to think w bit out the box imo, anyways just a heads up 👍💯🔥

IMG_20210619_192618.jpg
IMG_20210619_192540.jpg

IMG_20210619_192524.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Congratulations on a good find, although you paid about £1 too much for the shavette. They sell for £1.50 on AliExpress including (slow) shipping 😊.

Reactions: saj
hey people I was wondering what's the average price for the Nivea shaving sticks?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I find the cheap discount shops usually have some cheap shaving gear. Discount shops in general.

I've had great luck finding old Gillette razors at Estate Sales.
Scored a Fatboy for $3 not long ago!

bargain mate :)

tbh i really want to find local shops that sell vintage de razors, was thinking of looking at antique shops or even charities tbh

just grabbed these molton brown ultra pure milk soap from a local shop 6 for £1, looks like they must've been for the wynn resort, just had a quick google search and it seems wynn resorts is in Las Vegas USA and it actually looks nice lol, either way proper bargain! 😍🔥💯👍

IMG_20210820_125738.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
bargain mate :)

tbh i really want to find local shops that sell vintage de razors, was thinking of looking at antique shops or even charities tbh
I have been looking in the UK for several years in charity shops, antique dealers, pawn shops etc. and, other than a few straight razors or rolls razors, I have never found a single vintage razor - not one. I think everyone is wise to the value these days; even on the Bay some of the sellers are charity shops. I suppose that is a good thing as it ensures the seller gets a fair price. There is nothing good, for either the buyer or the seller, in buying a £100 razor for £5 from someone who does not know the value of what they are selling. I suppose that is a matter for each person and their personal moral compass but it does not sit well with me. I would be disappointed in myself if I did that and am sure I would not enjoy the razor as a result; I would probably cut myself, and I would deserve it.

I have been looking in the UK for several years in charity shops, antique dealers, pawn shops etc. and, other than a few straight razors or rolls razors, I have never found a single vintage razor - not one. I think everyone is wise to the value these days; even on the Bay some of the sellers are charity shops. I suppose that is a good thing as it ensures the seller gets a fair price. There is nothing good, for either the buyer or the seller, in buying a £100 razor for £5 from someone who does not know the value of what they are selling. I suppose that is a matter for each person and their personal moral compass but it does not sit well with me. I would be disappointed in myself if I did that and am sure I would not enjoy the razor as a result; I would probably cut myself, and I would deserve it.
yea i know what you mean, you'd sort of feel guilty

Hello people, see many people posting their online bargains like eBay etc, so I was wondering what's your local Finds and bargains you found?

Was in a shop looking for something and stumbled across this double edge razor and shavettet, all together for £4 which imo is a bargain, thought might as well grab it, the guy at the till was like do you need blades, I was like ermmmm I got like over 400 lool 😂😂😂

Anyways I'm interested to see your local Finds and bargains 👍💯🔥🪒

On a side note these asian shops are brilliant for getting stainless steel bowls, coppers bowls and in general shaving bowls but you have to think w bit out the box imo, anyways just a heads up 👍💯🔥

View attachment 1284057View attachment 1284058
View attachment 1284059
I got this cheapo de razor from a local shop, thought I'd use it for manscaping as my Wilkinson sword plastic just broke as in the twisty bit of the head that goes in on the handle, so I thought I'll use this cheapy one anyways whilst opening it out the package I notice the handle is quite nice with decent weight to it, head feels cheapy but that's what you get for a couple of quid but flipping heck I was surprised when I saw the blade exposure, serious amount of exposure on this de razor, I've decided to use it for head shaving instead and I'm intrigued to see how it performs

Here's a few pics for you all,
to show you what I mean by the blade exposure

IMG_20210925_125449.jpg
IMG_20210925_125411.jpg

I just asked my wife about this last night, whether she knew of anybody that sold shaving supplies locally. She doesn’t but I live in a small city (~75,000 people) so I have to assume someone has shaving and barber products. The search continues…

I got this cheapo de razor from a local shop, thought I'd use it for manscaping as my Wilkinson sword plastic just broke as in the twisty bit of the head that goes in on the handle, so I thought I'll use this cheapy one anyways whilst opening it out the package I notice the handle is quite nice with decent weight to it, head feels cheapy but that's what you get for a couple of quid but flipping heck I was surprised when I saw the blade exposure, serious amount of exposure on this de razor, I've decided to use it for head shaving instead and I'm intrigued to see how it performs

Here's a few pics for you all,
to show you what I mean by the blade exposure

I'm not surprised to see blade alignment problems on an el cheapo razor, but what is a bit surprising is the apparent misalignment between the cap and the base plate.
Proceed with caution, sir!

Top Bottom