What's new

Lmarkow's Chicken Diary

Excellent, I'm glad you both like the CW! FYI, Geurlain Vetiver is a classic, gorgeous perfume, and it's reasonably priced.

I'm looking for the vetiver AS that will blend with the cologne I already have, so that's why I said I'll be exploring the offerings from the Fine lineup. :) Since L'Occtaine maybe discontinuing their vetiver, it's good to know other reasonably priced options though once I finish the bottle I have.

I'm looking for the vetiver AS that will blend with the cologne I already have, so that's why I said I'll be exploring the offerings from the Fine lineup. :) Since L'Occtaine maybe discontinuing their vetiver, it's good to know other reasonably priced options though once I finish the bottle I have.

I'd send you my sample of Creed Original Vetiver, but you'll never talk to me again. lol

One of the samples I picked up recently smells like vetiver to me. Remarkably approachable; followed Fine's Clean Vetiver (Geurlain mimic) really well.

I have a sampler from Fine on a very short list to order. Probably next pay cycle. Would have been this one, but I keep grabbing new shirts since almost all my old ones are too large now, and look silly on me.

I have a sampler from Fine on a very short list to order. Probably next pay cycle. Would have been this one, but I keep grabbing new shirts since almost all my old ones are too large now, and look silly on me.

Isn't buying smaller clothing a great expense! When I was dropping significant pounds (270 --> 195, now ~205) I could only shop at Walmart, cause stuff might only be wearable for a week or two. I loved throwing that crap away too. lol.

While I like the feeling of the needing the smaller clothes, there are some of the shirts I had which I really really liked, so that part is a bit of a bummer. lol I'm only buying cheap shirts right now tho, yeah. I started at almost 250, 2 and a half years ago or so, dropped to 210 in the first 7 months, crept back to 224, held there for a long time, then about 3 months ago refocused and I'm at like 198 right now... but it won't seem to budge lower. Time to break into the weight training a bit, I think. lol

This morning I shaved with the first real razor I picked up, this Boker:

Every time I use the razor I get happier with it. I think it was a great first razor: 6/8s, round point, etc. I have always loved tortoise shell, so the scales on this razor were perfect for me (little did I know). I also picked up a good friend in the member who sold it to me.

Musgo Real cream, Sandalwood Skin Food, and some incredible Oud al Kaabah were the rest of the shave.

You were one of the fortunate ones. You got yours while Boker was making them with jimps on both sides. I should have picked one up then. I owned a more recent model but without the jimps as they don't add them anymore.

I realized this morning that I'm now a 2 pass, with some clean up, straight shaver. Almost zero irritation, per the alum, except when I use the razor's heel to extend the corner of my mouth. This happened because I've been experimenting with different ways to shave the last real trouble spots for me above my jawline, under the corners of my mouth. Oh well, that didn't work. Nice shave otherwise with the "Strong" Japanese razor:

Soap was Speick cream, AS was Alt-Innsbruck, Bois de Borneo Oud oil.
Oh am I ready for a fork!

Your trouble spot is the same as mine. I've been doing a 'swooping' motion from under the jawline over and towards the center of the chin. Seems to be working ok, but takes a lot of concentration to follow the contours when doing this manuever.

The edge on this razor, like its No 31 reptilian siblings, just seems harder than most of my razors.

Proraso red cream, English Leather AS, and Agar Attar Oud oil and I'm all set for a Fall day out and about in the Republic.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
"Harder" edge? Do you mean the steel seems to harder to hone ('cause I know how much you love to hone), but also holds an edge much longer? Or do you mean that the edge isn't as smooth?

Hard to describe, Sam. Some steels just feel harder on my skin than others. I don't think it's a matter of grind, and I have no idea what it's like to hone either this 32 or the 31s (perhaps Doc will chime in), but they just have a harder feeling. They also have a higher pitch when stropped. Kind of like how a harder steel hitting another hard object will make a "tighter" pinging sound.

Or I may just be nuts.

Real nice Sunday shave with this Puma:

I put the MdC sample in the I Coloniali soap crock. The I coloniali dried out and cracked into a million pieces, no longer worth dealing with, imo, so I pitched the pieces and gave the MdC sample a new home. AS was Pinaud Clubman, vintage Polo green, and I'm smelling thoroughly western for a change, and good too.

Top Bottom