What's new

List last 3 soaps FINISHED

As I near my first finsihed soap, AOS lemon, there is no doubt in my mind that I would replace it with another AOS soap.

I am curious to find out what your last 3 finished soaps were and if you would replace them or not. If not, why??

Last three were: two (blue) tubs of Wilkinson and a puck of Williams.

This was all before I discovered B&B and all of the wonderful soaps out there!

I've only "finished" one soap so far. It was Williams. I used it for one shave then finished it by throwing it away. It was horrible so I will not be buying it again.

The last 3 I finished were:

1) EShave lavender - I did replace it
2) Tabac - Of course I replaced it
3) SRD Bulagarian Rose - Absolutely replaced it.

However, with my current stash of soaps, it might be a long time before I finish another! :blush:

How do you finish a soap? They seem to multiply like tribbles in my den. I start one and 3 more show up so I cant work on anything for long :lol::lol::lol:

proxy.php

Does anyone know for sure if soaps are actually born pregnant? Or is that just an urban myth?

Last edited:
*see below*

But I almost finished a tube of Proraso once.

How do you finish a soap? They seem to multiply like tribbles in my den. I start one and 3 more show up so I cant work on anything for long :lol::lol::lol:

proxy.php

Does anyone know for sure if soap is born pregnant?

Williams - yes, I'd replace it if I didn't have so much soap laying around.
Col Conk - no, I wouldn't replace it.
Classic Shaving - NO! I absolutely wouldn't replace it.
Mama Bear Lime - Already replaced by several more Mama Bears :)
Insitut Karite - Oh heck yeah.

1. Col. Conk Bay Rum
2. VDH Deluxe
3. VDH Deluxe

Spanning back over a year. VDH doesn't last me long for some reason.

In nearly 2.5 years only managed to finish two. The first bowl of Wilkinson Sword I ever bought and Colonel Conk Amber. Technically I've used up two of the former, since one accidentally landed in the toilet when I'd only used it once. Wilkinson Sword is cheap and easily available for me and works OK so I've replaced it. the Conk Amber is a good product too but it's not nearly as cheap and available in the UK as in the US so I'm going to wait a while before I buy another.

I'm halfway done with TOBS Sandalwood and am determined to finish it up next.

AOS Sandalwood, I will replace it.
AOS Lavender, I might replace it.
TGQ Oak & Moss, I will not be replacing it. It smells wonderful but I have many soaps that give me a better shave.

I finished a Classic Shaving Almond and a Lime.

Then I discovered B&B and developed a SAD. Since then, I havn't finished a single one although my Tabac has a serious dent.

BTW, I wouldn'r replace the Classic soaps. They're OK but there is sooo much out there that's better. Thanks' guys:tongue_sm

Palmolive (first stick was milled into a dish and went very quickly)...already replaced and I've almost finished THAT stick.

Williams Mug Soap (modern)...will replace as I like it.

Wilkinson Sword (Blue Bowl),was my first "real" soap after goo-in-a-can...probably won't bother replacing (I've still got too many other soaps, that I prefer, to finish in this lifetime).

Williams - I have used up a few pucks of Williams and have replaced it. I use it every once in a while.

Tabac - My first upper tier soap. I have several replacement pucks, but I haven't opened one yet, as I am waiting until some other soaps are used up before I use it again.

Mitchell's Wool Fat - My favorite soap, I have used up several pucks and have plenty stockpiled.

I have also used up a few glycerine soaps like Mama Bears and Col. Conk.

I ain't finished nothing yet. The list of software that I've acquired to try, though, continues to increase at an alarming rate.

Top Bottom