What's new

Linux Mint

For that, we are all grateful. And besides, one could only guess at the comments "some people" would make. :biggrin: 'Course, you'd also have to have a rack at least as awesome as Chip's or you'd never hear the end of that either.

Yeah, I'm a little scared to see what my next title is... it'll be pretty hard to come up with something worse. :biggrin:

Hmm... I call shenegans on Corey for creative quoting. :lol:

('Course zombies do make good kindling.)

Edit: I think Chip owes us some vacation snaps too, doesn't he?

Hehe, guilty as charged...and yes, I think you're right about those photos. :biggrin:

I'll dig through the camera this weekend and show off some spiffy shots. I'll make sure to keep it PG though. :biggrin:

You know, on the off chance that any of this ever devolves into more pictures, I'm going to take Erik's advice and start reading this forum with a text-only browser. From there, the only step forward is a braille terminal once I stab my eyes out with a knife.

:lol: Allow me to save you some trouble: This should help.

Surely by now, you know that you have just thrown down the gauntlet. :tongue_sm

Yeah, I figure I'll just stick to saying serious things from now on so the mods don't have any more ammo. Unless they still have a backlog...

I beat Half Life 2 about half an hour ago, by the way. Not sure anyone in this thread cares, but I'm proud. :biggrin:

Yeah, I figure I'll just stick to saying serious things from now on so the mods don't have any more ammo. Unless they still have a backlog...

I beat Half Life 2 about half an hour ago, by the way. Not sure anyone in this thread cares, but I'm proud. :biggrin:

Oh we care. We care hard. Or is it we hardly care?:001_huh:

a) It would kill you to be completely serious; ergo you cannot do it.
b) They have a backlog.
c) No, we don't care.

:lol: :biggrin:

EDIT: Oh and that was post 2800 for me!

Woo Hoo!!! 2000 posts. I didn't think this thing would last this long. Since this thing started I made a few observations.

After snapping this picture of Cory's car in Canada, I had to resize it to upload it to B&B. While doing that I discovered what is on the next picture stuck to the house.
View attachment 24798

Apparently Linux is the only OS allowed inside Cory's house now.
View attachment 24799

I'm not sure if Cory did this next one or his wife, but they are getting pretty serious about their Linux operating systems and it is rumored that this is the wallpaper and screen saver on all the Lynchmeister computers. This screen shot was sent to me anonymously from someone behind the Cheddar Curtain.
View attachment 24800

Cory says this is why he switched to Linux. But......
View attachment 24801

I think too many of these was the real reason.
View attachment 24802

After all, Mr. G wouldn't steer you wrong, he thinks whatever OS Walmart supplies is the best. I don't see him having any problems with his OS.

OK, that's it I'm outta here.... at least for the weekend. I have a sail boat race to participate in that will have me away from the computer.

Oh, and thanks Cory for the last few posts to help me reach my goal. I gotta get a job. :lol:

Uh...Dennis...nice try, but I only counted 4 pieces of flair? Could you go back in and add some more flair please? I'd like to see AT LEAST 15 pieces of flair. Look at Cory's last post...the one with the signs? THAT was a lot of flair.

You are a flair-ure.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to have missed this auspicious occasion.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BUT AT LEAST I DIDN'T MISS FESTIVUS LAST YEAR!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cory,

I'm sensing a new title for you: "Revisionist Extraordiniare"

:thumbsup:

:lol:

edit: and when is Mrs. L. going to sign up?

Uh...I don't need Relationship George infringing on Independent George. Worlds are colliding! You're killing Independent George! :lol:

Uh...Dennis...nice try, but I only counted 4 pieces of flair? Could you go back in and add some more flair please? I'd like to see AT LEAST 15 pieces of flair. Look at Cory's last post...the one with the signs? THAT was a lot of flair.

You are a flair-ure.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to have missed this auspicious occasion.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BUT AT LEAST I DIDN'T MISS FESTIVUS LAST YEAR!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

*hangs head in shame and begins to weep softly*

:tongue_sm

Nothing on the intarwebs ever goes away. I am thus ineligible for public office because of this board...

Actually, I'm impressed. I waste plenty of time here, so why not waste time on Half Life 2? Though once I get a good graphics card (er, and a spare PC to put it in), I'm really looking forward to playing Team Fortress 2.

Hey,

sorry to butt in on your thread, but I was just really happy to see a linux thread in a shaving forum. Penguins are marching!!!

(I have been a Sabayon Linux user for a few years now (gentoo-based)).

Cheers.

Hey,

sorry to butt in on your thread, but I was just really happy to see a linux thread in a shaving forum. Penguins are marching!!!

(I have been a Sabayon Linux user for a few years now (gentoo-based)).

Cheers.

Welcome Chickpea!

Glad to have another penguin fan on board. Just one word of caution... don't try to read through the last 100 pages or so, your head may explode. But, there is some good material scattered amongst the banter as we helped Lynchmeister with a laptop.

We're also aiming to be the longest thread in B&B history, so please contribute, whether serious questions or just banter.

Am I that transparent?

DON'T ANSWER THAT, SOAPBOX! :lol:

Welcome Chickpea!

Glad to have another penguin fan on board. Just one word of caution... don't try to read through the last 100 pages or so, your head may explode. But, there is some good material scattered amongst the banter as we helped Lynchmeister with a laptop.

We're also aiming to be the longest thread in B&B history, so please contribute, whether serious questions or just banter.

Way to fight the good fight, Rich!

:biggrin:

Welcome, Chickpea!

Nothing on the intarwebs ever goes away. I am thus ineligible for public office because of this board...

Actually, I'm impressed. I waste plenty of time here, so why not waste time on Half Life 2? Though once I get a good graphics card (er, and a spare PC to put it in), I'm really looking forward to playing Team Fortress 2.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I can somehow shift my reputation a little at least. hehe

Team Fortress 2 is great fun. I haven't played in a few months, but it's really worth it. I picked up the Orange Box when it came out and still feel like I got my money's worth. If/when you end up on TF2, give me a shout and we'll see who has m4d sk1llz. :biggrin:

Am I that transparent?

DON'T ANSWER THAT, SOAPBOX! :lol:

Way to fight the good fight, Rich!

:biggrin:

Welcome, Chickpea!

Woo-hoo! I can answer!

Cory, you're more transparent than a saran-wrap speedo. :tongue:

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I can somehow shift my reputation a little at least. hehe

Team Fortress 2 is great fun. I haven't played in a few months, but it's really worth it. I picked up the Orange Box when it came out and still feel like I got my money's worth. If/when you end up on TF2, give me a shout and we'll see who has m4d sk1llz. :biggrin:

Woo-hoo! I can answer!

To paraphrase the Saturday Night Live sketch of Christopher Walken directing Blue Oyster Cult... "There just isn't enough bleach in the this thread." "I need some more bleach (cowbell)."

:tongue:

Edit... And Chip... whose closet have you been going through lately! Or did you pick one of those up at "that beach" in Hawaii?

Woo-hoo! I can answer!

To paraphrase the Saturday Night Live sketch of Christopher Walken directing Blue Oyster Cult... "There just isn't enough bleach in the this thread." "I need some more bleach (cowbell)."

:tongue:

Edit... And Chip... whose closet have you been going through lately! Or did you pick one of those up at "that beach" in Hawaii?

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell."

Top Bottom