What's new

Limited Edition Merkurs - wood or marble handles

I just came across Vintage Blades. They've got some Merkur 34c and 37g limited editions on sale for what looks like a good price to me.

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/home.php?cat=208

Do any of you own one of these, or know who does the customization? Do they come like that from Merkur? I've seen them around before for twice what these guys are asking.

I ordered the 34c. I just have to see how it compares to the standard issue I use all the time.

Wow the quartz handle looks nice. :w00t:Too bad they didn't make the slant with that handle or I would pick one up. The brush and razor set looks really nice in quartz. I wonder who the maker of the brush is?:huh:

I had one of the 38C's with the wood handle. It worked well and looked great. However, the handle had a spot that faded after a short period of time. Jim replaced it with another and no problems with it. I eventually sold it, as I transitioned from DEs to straights. I would not expect the quartz handles to have that same issue.

I'm not sure who makes the products for Jim but he is a great vendor with excellent customer service and will stand behind any product he sells.

The Slant looks sharp for sure, but I enjoy the feel of the heavy knurl on my Gold Slant and I'm not sure I would like the feel of that handle.

The Slant looks sharp for sure, but I enjoy the feel of the heavy knurl on my Gold Slant and I'm not sure I would like the feel of that handle.

Yeah I think your right. When I first saw this post I was struck with a severe case of RAD. After thinking about it I agree with you

So I ordered one, it arrived. The handle has a hairline crack in it. The workmanship was okay. The finish doesn't look like it would hold up to water for long. I'm returning it.

Kind of a bummer. I was expecting something better.

Top Bottom