• Edwin Jagger Lime and Pomagranite Aftershave Lotion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Razorock Evil Eye Lime Aftershave Wax

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Hi folks,

I have a few choices for lime aftershaves. Of these, which do you like, which stays longest, which dries down the best? I do not like candy smelling aftershaves.

Old Spice Lime
Captain's Choice Lime Aftershave Balm
Proraso Lime Aftershave Balm
Edwin Jagger Lime and Pomagranite Aftershave Lotion
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime
Razorock Evil Eye Lime Aftershave Wax

I know what the Edwin Jagger and Truefitt and Hill smell like. I don't have any experience with the others.

Last edited:
Most AS scents won't last long, especially lime. They aren't destined for long lasting scent, which is good. That's what a cologne is for.

You could look at Trumpers Lime cologne to pair with an AS.

I have only used the RR, which is nice and the Proraso which smells NOTHING like lime, not a hint of lime in it.

I guess you have answered my question about Proraso.

Yes, most aftershaves do not last. However, for me, Barrister and Mann have balms that last a very long time. In fact, I went swimming for a half hour and the scent was still there and it was many hours before I went swimming that I had it on. I did this with two different ones. They must use good oils and things when making their balms. Most aftershaves do not last an hour or two.

M

Member 113878

Did you mean Proraso Azur & Lime?

I didn't try all the ones you've listed, but Captain's Choice would be my favorite.
Besides that: I'm not sure if there really is lime in Skin Bracer, but my nose gets that, and I really like it. :)

Skin Bracer bugs me. I think I am allergic to it.

I need to look at the Captain's Choice, I guess.

I use the Proraso balm. I like the Royall Lyme And as other comments doesn’t stay strong for long
The atomizer is nice. Works very well

A73C8DDA-83E2-41CB-99B3-D28038DD213A.jpeg

The Proraso Lime was a meh for me.

RazoRock Evil Eye Lime is not an after shave splash. It contains grain alcohol and provides no sting. I would describe it as a balm. The scent, however, is pretty darn nice - same school of lime scent as Castle Forbes.

I can recommend the following combo:

RazoRock Essential Oil of Lime + ~6 drops of RazoRock Evil Eye Lime

I use the Proraso balm and really like the scent. I like it so much I also bought the shave cream. Not sure what the smell is but it reminds me of my high school days and I don’t know why.

For some reason lime is the most fleeting of all notes. If you just want a momentary splash of fresh lime, go with Captain's Choice. Azure Lime is very good - I have the cream, balm and Cologne - but it's not very limey.

What the heck is an aftershave wax?

Out of this list, Truefitt & Hill would be my pick. Unfortunately, they stopped selling lime aftershave over a year ago, though they still do sell a cologne & balm.

Top Bottom