Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Razorock Evil Eye Lime Aftershave Wax

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
IMG_1360.JPG

Greetings All:

I just joined tonight. I like light, citrus scents in the spring and summer and spice scents in the fall and winter. I recently found out that the Booster Iced Lime was discontinued due to Covid, which is a shame because I really liked it. I have used Royal Lyme (not my favorite), Royal Mandarin (OK--a bit strong), and Captain's Choice Lime (ok). I have ordered Old Spice Lime, Razorock Essential Oil of Lime, Booster Aquarius, and RazoRock Evil Eye Lime. I am going to give each of them a try and see what I like. I will report back after I've given each one a try.

Greetings All:

I just joined tonight. I like light, citrus scents in the spring and summer and spice scents in the fall and winter. I recently found out that the Booster Iced Lime was discontinued due to Covid, which is a shame because I really liked it. I have used Royal Lyme (not my favorite), Royal Mandarin (OK--a bit strong), and Captain's Choice Lime (ok). I have ordered Old Spice Lime, Razorock Essential Oil of Lime, Booster Aquarius, and RazoRock Evil Eye Lime. I am going to give each of them a try and see what I like. I will report back after I've given each one a try.
I want to know what you think of these.

Greetings All:

Can't wait to hear the results!

My favorite lime scents are that from Mike's lime soap and Castle Forbes cream. Unfortunately, neither Mike or CF make a lime splash. Stirling's lime AS is close but just missed the mark for me. The two Clubman lime aftershaves are not my cup of tea. RazoRock Esential Oil of Lime is nice but is a different type of lime scent than the lime scent used by Mike's and CF. RazoRock Evil Eye Lime hits the nail on the head but contains grain (not denatured) alcohol and is more of a balm. If only we could convince Joseph and Michael (at RazoRock) to make a splash version of the Evil Eye Lime then we could all shave happily ever after.

I like the smell of royall lyme. I like their bay rum as well but I am down to a whisper of a skin scent very quickly, as expected with lime. Does the Captains choice last a little longer?

I’ve only tried old spice lime of the ones you listed, so I’d say anything but old spice lime would be better. In my opinion, o.s. lime didn’t smell anything like o.s. or lime, just a horrible scent across the board.

Out of the brands I listed--Old Spice Lime, Razorock Essential Oil of Lime, Booster Aquarius, and RazoRock Evil Eye Lime--the clear winner in terms of true lime scent is (drum roll). . . Razorock Essential Oil of Lime.

Booster Aquarius smells more like baby powder. The RazoRock Evil Eye Lime has too much menthol. It overshadows the lime. The Old Spice Lime does not have much in the way of a lime scent. I am going to try some Gabel's Drops of Lime next.

Steve

Out of the brands I listed--Old Spice Lime, Razorock Essential Oil of Lime, Booster Aquarius, and RazoRock Evil Eye Lime--the clear winner in terms of true lime scent is (drum roll). . . Razorock Essential Oil of Lime.

Booster Aquarius smells more like baby powder. The RazoRock Evil Eye Lime has too much menthol. It overshadows the lime. The Old Spice Lime does not have much in the way of a lime scent. I am going to try some Gabel's Drops of Lime next.

Steve

Exactly! Why would someone make a lime aftershave that doesn't smell like Evil Eye Lime? Makes no sense, right?

I just asked Italian Barber if they would consider making a splash version of the Evil Eye Lime that contains denatured alcohol.

As others have mentioned, the lime scent is very fleeting. It took me a while to accept this and stop looking for a quality lime scent with some staying power. It's a dilemma because a good quality lime is fleeting. My go to has been Royall Lyme. I can still catch whiffs of it at the end of the day or when I wash my face. I also like Stirling Lime and Ethos Lime.

Michael from Italian Barbar/RazoRock got back to me promptly, saying he is happy that I like the Evil Eye Lime and he told me that the manufacturer only uses grain alcohol, but he will ask the manufacturer about another formula.

If you don't ask/tell the seller, they will never know.

Thanks for the feedback. I did a blind buy Stirling lime soap and AS. The soap is ok. I hate the initial smell of the AS. It is bad for me. I don't know that I want to get turned off for the first 10 mins of a post shave. It's all about being happy so looks like a tanker of Royall for me and I will pick off others over time.

I tried about a dozen lime aftershaves, and the one I like by far the most is CAPTAIN’S CHOICE LIME AFTERSHAVE. I pair it with Castle Forbes Lime Oil Shaving Cream and Castle Forbes Lime Oil Aftershave Balm.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Can't wait to hear the results!

My favorite lime scents are that from Mike's lime soap and Castle Forbes cream. Unfortunately, neither Mike or CF make a lime splash. Stirling's lime AS is close but just missed the mark for me. The two Clubman lime aftershaves are not my cup of tea. RazoRock Esential Oil of Lime is nice but is a different type of lime scent than the lime scent used by Mike's and CF. RazoRock Evil Eye Lime hits the nail on the head but contains grain (not denatured) alcohol and is more of a balm. If only we could convince Joseph and Michael (at RazoRock) to make a splash version of the Evil Eye Lime then we could all shave happily ever after.
Help me understand how grain alcohol base is more of a balm? What is it like exact?
I’m interested based on your scent profile as I love cf lime. It is generally an up hill climb in finding a great line splash with some respectable staying power.

Top Bottom