What's new

Liking Nacets

I am REALLY liking using Nacets for a lot of my shaves. I’ve been getting more shaves from them than I thought was possible for me. Tonight was shave number 15 with one. It is still plenty sharp and smooth and I believe it can go a few more shaves. Earlier I had prejudged these blades as a little bit rough on my skin but not anymore. They are among my most favorite blades now. Perhaps my technique has improved, a little bit. Glad I bought 100 of them!

They take a few shaves to settle down but I am getting good shaves from them. Not as smooth as GSB or Astra SP from the first shave.
Selling at a good price too at £8.99 for 100 including delivery.

I never had any good experience with ANY russian made blade. Including Nacets. Edge isn't as good as on Feather, modern Wilkinson Sword. Yes, Nacets plenty sharp and remains sharp slightly longer than Feathers. But that's about it. Everytime i use a Nacet blade it feels like the blade always tries to cut me. In other words irritation free shave with a Nacet blade is a rare occurrence compared to Feather.

I quickly zeroed in on nacets as my favourite blade when I started using a DE. Good value and at the sharp end of the spectrum - one of the sharpest, in fact.

I wonder if there are different versions of this. I got a pack and they were absolute trash. Way beyond the standard ymmv, just a step above rubbing my face with sandpaper. It was so bad, I thought it had to be an elaborate joke.

Are the russian one's marked in any way? Normally I have good luck with the replacement swedes, various 7 o'clock's, etc...

Gave these a try this morning, as they were provided as a sample from a purchase.

I agree these are pretty sharp, but not as smooth as I’d like.

Will see how these go over the next few shaves and will play with razors.

Definitely good value.

Had my second go around on a 4 day growth. About the same for me. Still pretty sharp, but average smoothness. Perhaps a better level of BBS today. Used the Karve on a C plate this time.

Third go around and I have to say this might be the best shave so far with this blade. It felt the smoothest. The edge is starting to reach the point of not pushing for more (especially ATG), but I was pretty pleased with the results. I did a two pass WTG then ATG with a cleanup using the remaining brush soap. A good BBS overall.

I think I place this Nacet perhaps third after my preference for either a PolSilver SI or Perma Sharp.

Glad I tried this out.

Without a doubt, the Gillette Nacet is my favorite blade. After having tried many blades over the years,
the Nacet gives me the perfect combination of sharpness, smoothness, and comfort ... in all my razors.

94A97858-6EAD-423E-A84D-9B68B2188D35.jpeg

Top Bottom