What's new

Life is so fragile

Just a mention to all my friends here that are not Clown House regulars....

My brother-in-law passed away Tuesday at work with a massive heart attack. He was in very good health, and had no known heart condition or history of such.

My sister is very distraught. They were together for 4 years, but had only gotten married 10 days before. She is doing well enough considering, but this is just so unreal. It just doesn't seem like these things are supposed to happen. I know they do, but......

This has really blind sided our family. Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. We just celebrated their wedding, and now exactly 2 weeks later we are meeting to mourn his passing.

My sister and his siblings have asked that I do the service, as I am an ordained minister (though not practicing, so to speak), and the only one that knew him well. The memorial service will be tomorrow at 1 pm.

I have been talking about this to my Clown House brothers and sisters over the last couple of days, and they have been a great help and encouragement to me at this time. So, for all the doubters, the CH does serve a purpose! I decided to share this with the rest of you, as the family, my sister really need the positive thoughts and prayer they can get at this time. And I covet the same so that I can be a comfort and help at the service.

Ray/Swampfox

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
I think that you doing the service would be a wonderfull way to honor his memory, my thought are with you and your family.

life is indeed fragile, and unfortunately it's usually something like this that reminds us of that fact.

prayers to your sister and the family.

Ray, that is awful news. I am very sorry about your loss. I have not lost any family, so I can only imagine how much pain you must be in. You and your family are in my prayers.

I am very, very sorry to hear this. You can never prepare for something like this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

prayers said for you and your family Ray

1Pe 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1Pe 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever.

Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Last edited:
Prayers headed your way. We can't begin to comprehend His plan. The comforting thought is simply knowing that He does indeed have a plan. I know that doesn't make it any less painful. Hang in there.

Such terrible news. So soon after they got married. My prayers are for your sister and all those affected by this tragic loss.

- Aaron

Peace to you and yours, Ray.
As I grow older I am more and more comforted by the Festival of All Saints and the knowledge that God's plan is for us to live at peace eternally with him and all who die in Him.
Life is fragile; God's grace, eternal.

Ray,
I am shocked reading this. I am so sorry for this loss. I can only imagine what your sister must be going through. My (and my family's) thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time.

Top Bottom