What's new

Let’s talk cigar cutters

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Oh ... before I forget. Two cutting tips for the less experienced.

If your stick comes in cello, cut it in the cello.

And if it's not your personal-only cutter, NEVER mouth the stick first.

Etiquette.

I don't have a V cutter yet. I don't understand how they help. I'm ignorant. Why not just cut flat further down?

If you cut too deep with a "flat" cutter, you risk removing the cap, and allowing the wrapper to unfurl. Beyond that, there really is not much advantage to be had, imo. that said, it's cool to have toys for one's hobbies. After all, how many of us have just one razor, yes?

I’ve got 2 - a guillotine cutter and a punch. Can’t say I prefer one over the other. I under stand it’s basically a personal preference.

I do want a V notch cutter and have my eyes on this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H85QXPG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A2V0ZAHR0JO9GJ&psc=1

I’m also open to another punch, guillotine, or the scissor style. Ideally I’d like to have cutters that would do all the different styles. I may find some cigars that smoke better with different cuts.

So what are some good options around the sub $100 mark. ?

This is what I currently have.

View attachment 1054035

I am a puncher.
My favourite punch cost me 15¢ a whole lot of years ago.
If I had known that I would never find another that I like as much,
I would have bought many.

DSCN0871b.jpg

DSCN0873b.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I read else where Dr. Strange smokes 5 a day. Just getting ready for the week I assume.

I read else where Dr. Strange smokes 5 a day. Just getting ready for the week I assume.

It's more like 5 or 6 per year.
You probably read that in the Flor de Copan thread

a little over a year ago.
This is the first bundle I have bought since then.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It's more like 5 or 6 per year.
You probably read that in the Flor de Copan thread
a little over a year ago.
This is the first bundle I have bought since then.

Flor De Copan Cigars
It was that thread. You cut way back!

A cigar cutter is an essential tool for cigar enthusiasts, designed to neatly and cleanly trim the cap of a cigar before smoking. Typically made from high-quality materials like stainless steel, a cigar cutter ensures a precise cut, preventing the cigar from unraveling or tearing during the smoking process. There are various types of cigar cutters, including guillotine, punch, and V-cut styles, each offering a different way to clip the cigar's tip. Choosing the right cutter depends on personal preference and the type of cigar being enjoyed. Ultimately, a well-executed cut enhances the smoking experience by allowing for a smooth draw and even burn, making the cigar cutter an indispensable accessory for aficionados.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A cigar cutter is an essential tool for cigar enthusiasts, designed to neatly and cleanly trim the cap of a cigar before smoking. Typically made from high-quality materials like stainless steel, a cigar cutter ensures a precise cut, preventing the cigar from unraveling or tearing during the smoking process. There are various types of cigar cutters, including guillotine, punch, and V-cut styles, each offering a different way to clip the cigar's tip. Choosing the right cutter depends on personal preference and the type of cigar being enjoyed. Ultimately, a well-executed cut enhances the smoking experience by allowing for a smooth draw and even burn, making the cigar cutter an indispensable accessory for aficionados.

ChatGPT has entered the room.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I haven't enjoyed a cigar for some time... but I prefer to use one of those bullet punches.... they just punch out a small hole instead of clipping the entire end. I get enough draw even though it's just through a smaller hole. I get less tobacco in my mouth too. <eg>

Mine is similar to this one:

Top Bottom