What's new

Let's talk about shaving the head....

When I was shaving the brain bucket daily I used these to care for the skin. I used the wash daily and the HeadShed every few days with great results. Though to be honest I found that simply washing my head with the same soap or body wash I used on the rest of my body was fine with an occasional exfoliation with the HeadShed.

So I have recently started shaving my head with a M3, I tried the headblade but I guess the spacing was too tight since it didnt really work well. This may be a silly question but what do you guys wash your head with? I have been using a nivea face wash, since it seems I should use something designed for skin and not hair and soaps dry me out.

Also since I am new to this I apparently have some dry scalp although the Nivea aftershave is helping. I am also sunburnt and have some acne on my head what is the best course to clear my head up so it is more presentable.

The M3 is the way to go for my head because it doesn't clog at all. I tried the headblade and it felt like i was scalping myself, not a good experience at all. I wash my head with the EveryManJack facewash, I used to use the Nivea sensitive, both work fine. Every three days or so I use Headshed from headblade, its a great exfoliater and smells good.

For shaving I just whip up the lather of the day and apply it to my face and head. 2x passes on the head both ATG, then follow up with Headclear, THIS IS A GREAT BUMP stopper. I strongly suggest it. Once I'm dressed I add a bit of EMJ spf lotion and I'm good all day.

[*]Reapply lather with my hand so I can feel the problem areas that need a final pass (for me this is usually where the top and back of the head meet, and at the back just above the neck - hair growth is in several directions)

[/LIST]

I take my badger and whip up some hand lather for the touch up that i can apply as I feel for stubble in the back. Take a few swipes w/ my Gillette NEW, feel around, swipe some more...

Curiously, after adjusting to DE on the dome and switching back to a disposable when I was really in a rush, the disposable felt horrible. I hung on to a few of them but I'm not sure I really want them even if I'm in a rush. They use to give me BBS but now its like my hair is thicker or something.
Whats up w/ that?

So far this summer it's Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint. It's slick and gives a nice cooling effect.

My favorite A/S balm on my scalp was Nautica Competition. They discontinued it so I've been content to use the much cheaper Nivea balm.

For washing my head I use shampoo or shampoo/conditioner. I must look funny at the store check-out lane w/ no hair and a bottle of shampoo, but I refuse to use cheap bar soap as it really dries out my scalp. The only bar soap I'll use on my head is Mama Bear's. It was actually less drying than some shampoos.

My dome razor is a 1966 Slim Adjustable (set to 7). This is a great cranium razor if it happens to clog (like the other day I had stubble enough to probably run clippers first but I didn't feel like doing it) I simply open up the jaws slightly and swish it around in the sink. Two passes back to front with touch up works like a champ. Dickenson's WH is also nice on the dome afterwards.

I can shave the front and sides of my head with my 38M. However, I have have a hard time getting the proper angle when shaving the top and back of my head. So I have to resort to an M3 for those areas.

Top Bottom