What's new

Let's see those knives!

Wow! Lots of nice knives here! I should have known coming to a shaving forum i would find some knife enthusiasts. Im a tactical guy, i like the demko, hinderer and the strider especially.

$P1010545.JPG

do you like it ?

Here's two that I made handles for.

A walnut and cow hoof handle (walnut from our yard) using a Helle blade. Tru-oil finish. Made to fit my hand perfectly. This has been my main skinning knife for the last 13 years. The sheath I wove from birch bark.

$DSC_1235aweb.jpg

This is another one made from walnut and purpleheart. The purpleheart looks pink in the photo, but it is a dark purple color. All I had was a little cheap camera at the time and it wouldn't do any type of red color with flash. Again, a Helle blade and Tru-oil finish. Made this to fit my brother's hand.
$100_0494web.jpg

I have moved more towards the semi custom knives and sold all my cheaper ones, but one that I will never sell is my $25 Spyderco Tenacious. Damn fine knife for the money.

$IMG_0407.jpg
The Boker is my everyday tool.
Bench-made is my deployment/camping/everyday.
CRKT is my hunting knife.
There are well used but sharp as a razor.

Here's mine, the Spyderco Delica 4; love the grippy scales. It replaced my previous EDC, the SOG Flash 1, which will be going to SWMBO.

Attachments

• $IMG_2805.jpg
    $IMG_2805.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 227

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Haven't been to this thread in a bit, see that I've missed some great knives - I've been trying to find something for EDC, bigger than the exec sized Swiss that I've had in the pocket for 30 years .. here's the Delica that was delivered today. First blush is good, pretty sharp out of the box, better after a few strokes with sharpener.

Attachments

• $IMG_6012.jpg
    $IMG_6012.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 222
Delicas are very nice knives. I have one and love it. The one with the flat grind like yours is much nicer I think.

Top Bottom