What's new

Let's Celebrate Spring by 3017ing Some RazoRock! Whichever Makes You Think of Spring

...I had to go grab something out of the cabinet and there they were... right in front... and I couldn't help but take a whiff:crying:

$MdC-ABCBA.JPG

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Consider it a special occasion shave and enjoy the MdC. If I'm still plowing through my Don Marco into May when my birthday is, I'll be pulling out the MdC or DRH Windsor or something like that.

Or consider it a test to compare 2 great soaps in some respect and let us know how MdC stands up to the ABCBA and vice versa. Consider it scientific.

And yeah, I'm feel like being an enabler tonight. :001_cool:

#16 Good Friday shave

Proraso pre/post
Don Marco
Simpson 58
Muhle Grande R89/Polisilver SI (4)
DRH Arlington Milk

Spring RazoRock Shave #18

April 18, 2014

Simpsons Berkeley Best
RazoRock Lime Shave Lube (As A Pre-Shave)
Gillette Fatboy
Perma -Sharp Super (1)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick
Myrsol Agua Balsamica Splash

Though I was tempted by the evil MdC:drool: and ABCBA:001_tt1: last night, I stayed true for this morning's shave:

XXXt
Gillette Red Tip
Lord Platinum (3)
Shave Your Soul custom badger
Irisch Moos AS

This afternoon was my number 16 shave for the month. Having skipped yesterday's shave I had a bit extra hair, but luckily today in the mail i received an ATT H-2 head. Boy was it a smooth shave! First time shaving with anything as aggressive as this, though I loved it.

Today I shaved with

XXXt
Semogue 2-band horn brush
ATT H-2 head with ball end handle.
Polsilver Super Iridium.
RR Baby blue.

Spring RazoRock Shave #19

April 19, 2014

Wolf Whiskers Coffee & Cream TGN F(2)
Gillette Fatboy
Perma-Sharp Super (2)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick

Proraso Pre/Post
Don Marco
Simpson 58
Hart Steel 6/8 square point
Thayers Super Hazel
TFS Bergamot Neroli balm

I love weekend shaves. No rush. I took the time to do a 3rd pass. Man, that Hart sure took a great edge last time I touched it up.

All of a sudden, my soap is disappearing at a pretty fast rate. Any of you guys seeing this? First week-10 days it grew as it took on water and hydrated. This week I can actually see a difference after each shave in the reduction of soap in the tub. If it doesn't slow down it may be over about the time April is. What is your guys experience on the run rate on one of these 125 ml famiglia tubs? This is my first go at one.

Had my Easter exception shave tonight as I'll be up at the crack of dawn to run sound at our morning service tomorrow.

I chose a curve ball and went with Haslinger Scafmilch tonight in honor of the Lamb which was slain.

My Shavemac zebra-hive and weber DLC rounded things out for a near perfect shave.

Haslinger is legit! My first ever 3917 puck was haslinger and I have a feeling my next 3017 effort following RR-Spring may just be Haslinger as well.

Spring RazoRock Shave #20

April 20, 2014

M&F Chief
Gillette Fatboy
Perma-Sharp Super (3)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick

#18, #19 & #20

Night before Easter Shave with my 11 year old son (him using a DE with no blade of course) + my regular morning shave

My tub will not survive this week. I'm guessing I only have a few more days. I'm not loading heavily and I'm using my smaller, softer brushes. Sort of surprised at how fast it's vanishing.

Happy Easter guys!

PhilC, I think your soap has thinned out from the water logging, and is overloading. Have you ever tried letting it dry out a little while after you shave? Basically, just leave it open on the counter for awhile then close it up a little later. Let the water from the shave evaporate off. I promise this won't hurt it or the scent. In fact, I think most guys do it this way honestly. Its all I can think of :)

Have a great and blessed service BB! I used to also work in the A/V booth at church running presentation and video mostly, as well as a bit of the other aspects for all the Youth Ministry at our church.

Happy Easter guys!

PhilC, I think your soap has thinned out from the water logging, and is overloading. Have you ever tried letting it dry out a little while after you shave? Basically, just leave it open on the counter for awhile then close it up a little later. Let the water from the shave evaporate off. I promise this won't hurt it or the scent. In fact, I think most guys do it this way honestly. Its all I can think of :)

Have a great and blessed service BB! I used to also work in the A/V booth at church running presentation and video mostly, as well as a bit of the other aspects for all the Youth Ministry at our church.

this isn't something that i do regularly, but i make a point to do it occasionally to keep it from as you called it overloading. The first puck of haslinger soap i used I think i overloaded it in this way and it was gone within 3 weeks and i couldn't figure out why.

Shave number 17
yesterday I shaved with

XXXt
ATT H-2 head with Gillette common bar handle.
Polsilver Super Iridium.
RR Baby blue.

I had a few weepers, and a bit of stubble on my jawline, but it was one of the smoothest shaves ive gotten since I used a straight razor.

Shave 18

XXXt
ATT H-2 head with Gillette common bar handle.
Polsilver Super Iridium (new blade)
RR Baby blue.

I think you're right. It grew like crazy at first as it took on water and then just started vanishing. Nobody is home at my place during the day and I shave in the mornings so it's either cover or not all day. I just came off the Harris 3017 which absolutely came to life when I lidded it everyday and kept it wetter so I was in that habit. It's too late for this tub. Honestly I have 2-3 shaves left, but my next tub of RR famiglia will definitely be worked differently. And most definitely there will be another -- I'm having great shaves.

Been rocking the same setup the past couple of shaves

Proraso pre
Don Marco
Simpson 58
Hart Steel 6/8
Thayers super hazel
TFS balm

Going to keep the soap open to stretch a little more life out of it.

Spring RaziRock Shave #21

April 21, 2014

Gillette Fatboy
Perma-Sharp Super (4)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick

The RR Argan Oil soaps are just wonderful. They lather very quick and easy no matter what brush I throw at it.

Happy Easter guys!

+1 for this... I've always just left and close it up when I get home from work, etc.

I'm glad to be done trying the Lord blades the last week or so. One of them, the Super Chrome, was the only one I'd even think about using again.

Day 21...

XXXt
Merkur 42C
Gillette Platinum :thumbup::thumbup:
Col Conk #9 Boar
Capt's Lime AS

Spring RazoRock Shave #22

April 22, 2014

British Gillette Aristocrat #66
Perma-Sharp Super (1)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick

Nivea scrub
Myrsol Emulsion
Don Marco
Savile Row 3824
Dubl duck gold edge 5/8
Thayers superhazel
TFS balm