What's new

Let's Celebrate Spring by 3017ing Some RazoRock! Whichever Makes You Think of Spring

I also am one of those who is late for the game, or maybe I was just unaware I was playing it. I have been using XXXt exclusively (well there WERE a couple shaves with Cella, Christmas in tuscany, and ABCBA, but that was a while ago) since i got it in the first release. I instantly fell in love with them all, but the XXXt was winner in that race And i have been using it for every shave. This month I was unable to shave on the 2nd 3rd and 4th due to a bathroom sink malfunction. All is up and running (or running appropriately) and Shaving has resumed! Every shave this month i have used the same set up because i'm trying to get used to my new brush and razor.

preshave-shower
Shaving brush- Semogue 2-band horn
Razor- Gillette Old type open comb.
Blade- Shark super stainless steel
Razorock- XXXt
AS Splash-BabyBlue

April 6, 2014

Amici
RazoRock Lime Shave Lube (As A Pre-Shave)
GEM G Bar
Gem PTFE (2)
RazoRock XXXt
RazoRock Alum Stick
Floid Blue Splash

Traveling the next few days and the tub of BTP was a little bit too big for my dopp kit, so until Thursday it will be Haslinger Sandelholz.

Nivea scrub
Don Marco
Savile Row 3824
Thiers Issard 5/8 silver steel
TFS balm

The tub is still taking on water. The soap looks bigger than it did before I started.

I am doing work. Because of the big tub I've been trying Marcos method with a couple boars and I've had enough lather to shave my dog. Back to badger tomorrow so it last more than two weeks.

XXXt
Merkur 42C
Lord Classic (2)
Shave Your Soul custom badger
Royall Lyme

I'm liking using one soap/brush combo... it really helps get things dialed in. In fact the brush went to 11 today and I sadly washed what was easily another day's shave down the drain:crying:

Today's Spring RazoRock Shave

April 8, 2014

Amici
GEM G Bar
Gem PTFE (3)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick
Myrsol Agua Balsamica Splash

Proraso pre/post
Don Marco
Savile Row 3824
Cobra Classic
TFS balm

I don't even remember when I put a new blade in the Cobra. The longevity of those blades is nuts.

Evan, did you kill off the XXX? Or just switched? If you killed it, rock on man!

Yes John, I got 37 shaves at of it. Each and every one was a pleasure. 3017ing a soap is the way to go.
I can't wait to buy more, as well as the return of P.160 next month. :biggrin1:

proxy.php

I had to skip my last two shaves so for shave #5 tonight I rewarded my NV with a use of my Chief and Weber DLC. Polished off with Speick ASL for a fantastic springtime shave.

Shaving brush- Semogue Select Silvertip horn
Razor- Gillette Old type open comb.
Blade- Polsilver SI
Razorock- XXXt
AS Splash-BabyBlue

This is the first time that I really enjoyed a shave with Polsilver SI, and let me tell you, I am smooth! Even the neck area! I don't know if the angle, or pressure has finally gotten to a point that the shave is rewarding with this blade, but It feels great.

#7 Hart Steel hump day

Myrsol Emulsion
Don Marco
Simpson 58
Hart Steel 6/8
Proraso balm

The small mouth on the tub is dictating that I use my smaller knotted brushes. Getting plenty of great lather so no biggie.

I put a super edge on this Hart if I do say so myself. Uber close yet comfy JNAT shave.

Another Fine Spring RazoRock Shave

April 9, 2014

Amici
GEM G Bar
Gem PTFE (4)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick
Myrsol Agua Balsamica Splash

Ahhh spring... Day 9

XXXt
Merkur 42C
Lord Super Chrome
Shave Your Soul custom badger
Fine Accoutrements American Blend

proxy.php

Shave # 6 and I can confidently get a perfect lather now with any of my badgers.
Now... to work on my less preferred boars.

Top Bottom