What's new

Let me in I brought beer!

Starting out I would use one razor for a few months. You should give yourself sometime to get your technique down. Switching between razors could cause mishaps and you won't know if its your technique or the razors idiosyncrasies There will be plenty of time to nurture an razor acquisition disorder (RAD).
Great advice! Restraint at the beginning is wise indeed, so you can learn proper technique. Restraint is wise, but it sure ain’t easy!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello Dub come on in...and you brought beer too? Hell yeah...pull a chair (I'll bring dominoes, a deck of cards & snacks), up
to the table. :a17:

1697252094520.gif
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
sipping-tea-on-ship-1-jpg.819750

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and The Zen of Shaving, and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, savoir faire, élan and all around 'know-how' to assist you in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.
:thumbsup:

Q. So... besides your Yates Merica razor in route...what brand of other tools (brushes, soaps, scents ect...), are you working with
proxy.php

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall-of-Fame sub-forum. 😉

Shaving Icon.jpg"Shaving can be like four flat tires, if you're day starts out deflated...you're not going anywhere”. CBJ

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Hi, brand new member, fell down the rabbit hole this morning looking at safety razors and watching Greg Tardif videos. I’m active in knife collecting on BF but this is a new area for me. I’ve already got a Yates Merica in route. Can’t wait to be done with disposable razors.

Dub

ZZzzzzz...*snort!*...Beer? Did someone say beer? Sure. Siddown and let's tip a few jars.

Been a few years but I used to hang out on that forum as well. Axe subforum, mostly, but also interested in balisong, scythes and swords.

O.H.

Top Bottom