What's new

Legendary Artist Prince Dead at 57

Interesting that some reports are that he had hip surgery in 2010. As I recall, the JW prohibition is on blood transfusions.

The other interesting theory I have read is that this was a Tylenol overdose from the Percoset. But that would not explain the save shot six days earlier.

One does not think of pure Percoset overdoses. Usually some combination of benzos and the like.

Interesting that some reports are that he had hip surgery in 2010. As I recall, the JW prohibition is on blood transfusions.

The other interesting theory I have read is that this was a Tylenol overdose from the Percoset. But that would not explain the save shot six days earlier.

One does not think of pure Percoset overdoses. Usually some combination of benzos and the like.

I read the sane about the 2010 surgery. Supposedly the hip and ankle issues stemmed from the high heels he wore. Reportedly he also used drugs, as do so many, to overcome social anxiety. Read that Prince used Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches for over 25 years. As far as I know, these are all just allegations and unproven. There are also folks saying he was completely clean, although recent events seem to contradict that.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Gents, let's please save any speculation about cause of death or comparisons to other artists for another time.
This thread isn't the place for that.

Celebrate the man for his amazing works, and mourn the passing of a tremendous talent by anyone's standards.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I had a laugh today, as I watched the Dave Chappelle skit about Eddie and Charlie Murphy, meeting Prince in a club around 1985, and then mercilessly beat Charlie's crew in a pickup basketball game at Prince's house. Then politely serving them all pancakes, after the game. Best of all this really happened! Prince verified the story on several radio interviews, and apparently enjoyed the skit so much he used Chappelle's image as Prince for an album cover.... Classic.
KaiserKrebs:
proxy.php
...timeless and a 'classic' skit.

proxy.php
"
A strong spirit transcends rules". Prince

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
CBS Minnesota - 25 April 2016 - By Pat Kessler

proxy.php
"A Minnesota state lawmaker today proposed an official state color for the state:

The color purple, in honor of Minnesota native Price, who died last week. Since news of his death, landmarks around the world have illuminated Prince’s iconic color: purple.

“It is a tribute to Prince,” said State Senator Karin Housley, a Republican from St. Mary’s Point. “It’s a nice gesture that we can do as a state. Purple can mean so many things to so many people in this state.”

Minnesota already has 18 official state symbols, including a state flower, a state fish, a state bird and even an official state muffin. And of course, the Minnesota Vikings are purple and gold.

Twenty-four other states already have designated state colors, but none of them might fit as well as Prince Purple.

Senator Housley — whose official state senate ring is purple amethyst — says Minnesota’s color will be immediately recognized and understood everywhere.

Read More: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/04/25/prince-state-color-purple/

"The most important thing is to be true to yourself,[...]". Prince

Official state color?!?! I'm sorry, and I have nothing against Prince but this is stupid and I live in Minnesota. Official state color, really? Doesn't this senator have better things to do with her time on the taxpayer's dime? When I relate purple to the state of MN, I think Vikings before I think Prince. They claimed the color long before Prince did. And why should any state have an official color? And if it's so important that some states have gone so far to declare it, did the citizens of the state get to vote on it? I certainly understand the sentiment and motivation behind such a gesture. It's certainly well intentioned but I still think it's stupid. Sorry to any supporters who may be out there. :001_cool:

Last edited:
Official state color?!?! I'm sorry, and I have nothing against Prince but this is stupid and I live in Minnesota. Official state color, really? Doesn't this senator have better things to do with her time on the taxpayer's dime? When I relate purple to the state of MN, I think Vikings before I think Prince. They claimed the color long before Prince did. And why should any state have an official color? And if it's so important that some states have gone so far to declare it, did the citizens of the state get to vote on it? I certainly understand the sentiment and motivation behind such a gesture. It's certainly well intentioned but I still think it's stupid. Sorry to any supporters who may be out there. :001_cool:
You can always think of both The Vikings and Prince.....

Bruce Springsteen opens Brooklyn show with Purple Rain
Bruce is one of the last 80's superstar icon left. Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, David Bowie and Prince are in music heaven now....too young to die though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a thought, do you think that Prince was partial to purple because the Vikings utilized it? Don't forget about the Lakers who also heavily feature purple in their uniforms, and the Kings hockey team original uniforms. The color fits regardless of Prince. Minnesotans should be upset that Los Angeles took two of their professional sports franchises.

You can always think of both The Vikings and Prince.....

I suppose. Again, I have nothing against Prince, I was just railing at the stupidity of having an official state color. I mean really, how meaningful is that? If you look at the link above showing the official state colors of states that have chosen them, several states share the exact same colors. It just seems so trivial and meaningless. Prince deserves, and I'm certain he'll get, a more meaningful acknowledgement. Commemorate his stature and achievements, not a color he had an affinity for. There's already talk of making Paisley Park a museum much like Graceland is for Elvis. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to hike up my pants and go yell at some kids to get off my lawn... :laugh:

Here's a thought, do you think that Prince was partial to purple because the Vikings utilized it?

Perhaps. I don't know what the story was behind that. I know he supported the local sports teams but I think he was partial to basketball.

Don't forget about the Lakers who also heavily feature purple in their uniforms, and the Kings hockey team original uniforms. The color fits regardless of Prince. Minnesotans should be upset that Los Angeles took two of their professional sports franchises.

We did lose our basketball team to Los Angeles but we lost our hockey team to Dallas.

I suppose. Again, I have nothing against Prince, I was just railing at the stupidity of having an official state color. I mean really, how meaningful is that? If you look at the link above showing the official state colors of states that have chosen them, several states share the exact same colors. It just seems so trivial and meaningless. Prince deserves, and I'm certain he'll get, a more meaningful acknowledgement. Commemorate his stature and achievements, not a color he had an affinity for. There's already talk of making Paisley Park a museum much like Graceland is for Elvis. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to hike up my pants and go yell at some kids to get off my lawn... :laugh:
Great insight thanks for sharing this

Here's a thought, do you think that Prince was partial to purple because the Vikings utilized it? Don't forget about the Lakers who also heavily feature purple in their uniforms, and the Kings hockey team original uniforms. The color fits regardless of Prince. Minnesotans should be upset that Los Angeles took two of their professional sports franchises.
Prince first house in Minneapolis was purple, this was the basis.

He was a vikings fan too

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1...es-Death/a8f2a929-04ad-4a1c-afd6-d9192be55e80

He was a vikings fan too

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1...es-Death/a8f2a929-04ad-4a1c-afd6-d9192be55e80

Like the rest of the world, we are shocked and saddened today by Prince's death. As one of the most influential music icons, Prince was an incredible representative of Minnesota who helped put Minneapolis-St. Paul on the map. He was a brilliant performer and a better person. We will forever be proud and grateful that he considered himself a Vikings fan. Our thoughts and prayers are with Prince's family at this time.

Top Bottom