What's new

Legendary Artist Prince Dead at 57

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
So sorry to see him pass at such a young age (still love the song '1999')!
proxy.php

"Legendary artist Prince was found dead at his recording studio in Minnesota early on Thursday, according to a TMZ report. He was 57.

Deputies are on scene of a death investigation at Paisley Park in Chanhassen, authorities told The Hollywood Reporter. The sheriff's office says they are conducting a death investigation currently and are notifying next of kin before releasing the name of the individual who died.

No further information was immediately available. The artist's reps have not yet responded to a request for comment.
The dizzylingly prolific multi-instrumentalist and virtuosic performer was born Prince Rogers Nelson June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, Minn.

He released his debut album, For You, in 1978, followed by Prince (1979), Dirty Mind (1980) and Controversy (1981). All of them traded in his trademark sound — deep synth funk grooves with provocatively sexual lyrics and heart-piercing ballads sung in pure falsetto.

His mainstream breakthrough came with back-to-back albums with his backing band the Recultion: In 1982, '1999' launched several pop and dance floor hits onto the charts, including Little Red Corvette and the title song, a post-apocalyptic party anthem.
attachment.php

Two years later he released the album — a soundtrack, actually, to his movie-starring debut — that would launch him into the same superstar stratosphere of other ‘80s pop titans like Michael Jackson and Madonna.

The soundtrack was 1984’s Purple Rain, a searing musical backdrop to a semi-autobiographical tale of “The Kid,” a Minneapolis rocker from an abusive family. The album launched five singles, two of which — 'When Doves Cry' and 'Let’s Go Crazy' — went to Number 1 on the Billboard chart. The title ballad reached No. 2 and has gone on to become one of the most recognizable rock anthems in history. The soundtrack itself is frequently cited on music critics’ polls as being one of the best of all time".

He will be missed and may God Bless Him, Keep Him and may he Rest in Peace!

$Prince.jpg"Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool". Prince

Last edited:
TMZ is reporting that Prince has passed away at age 57 (same as I am). Definitely WAY too young.

I was never a fan of his music, but I did respect his phenomenal level of talent and creativity.

Holy smokes. Another one. I was never a big fan of his music but it was pointed out to me the guy could really hammer on the guitar. 57 years young. Yowsa.

It's sad news and leaves everyone wondering the cause of death especially in light of the flight medical emergency landing they had to do for him just days(?) ago. One now wonders if he should have been hospitalized rather than released.

I am floored, too. Musical genius.

One of the most charismatic performers of our time and I never got to see him. Among other things, to me the true rightful heir of Jimi Hendrix and James Brown, both.

Prince was a musical genius. One of the most all around talented musicians in popular music. Even when I was a kid I liked his stuff. You could look through my music and find all these hard rock and heavy metal CDs and Prince.

Arguably the greatest musician we have ever seen. Absolute musical genius. He touch the hearts, minds and souls of so many people. I am sure all of us have a story about him.

There are not many people that I get excited about, Prince Rogers Nelson does it all. He and his garment graced my arm many years ago, my life was complete in that moment. I can not function properly at work due to tears I am shedding.

I have so many thoughts and emotions right now...

Rest in Purple!

Last edited:
Top Bottom