What's new

Lee Safety Razor?

Now that the auction ended, I can ask about this. I saw this on E-Bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-LEE-SAF...ultDomain_0&hash=item41559518d1#ht_500wt_1156

I tried searching the internet and here but every reference to Lee Safety Razor I could find was the internet store and not this old razor. I did a search on E-Bay for completed sales and found another one that went for almost $200 before this sold.

So what is the deal with this razor? Is it just the rarity of a Lee Safety Razor? It looks to be a single edge judging from the few pics I have found. Does it accept modern SE blades? What's the deal with those two little roller looking things under the head? Anyone ever shave with one or own one? Thanks in advance.

I think it is a rare razor with full accessories and it was made of quality material than mass production razors. Actually that razor is a quite bargain or a real steal.

For a side note the first $100 banknote which was presented 1860s had equaled $2.350 todays amount of money. I think you can do your math. Thank you.

Hi, I am resurrecting this old thread because I found one of these razors in the wild today and would like some idea of value. I hope one of you knows, or remembers, the auction prices. The razor itself that I have, unlike the description is Waits, is not nickel plated, rather it is silver plated. The case and built in blade holders are nickel plated. Since I know things require pictures, here are some before pictures. The next post will have the post razor cleaning pictures. I have not cleaned the case yet. There are quite a number of NOS blades in the holders.

Attachments

• $DSCF1080.jpg
    $DSCF1080.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 199
  • $DSCF1081.jpg
    $DSCF1081.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 200
  • $DSCF1082.jpg
    $DSCF1082.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 200
  • $DSCF1083.jpg
    $DSCF1083.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 201
  • $DSCF1084.jpg
    $DSCF1084.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 197
Here are the after cleaning the razor pictures. She cleaned up well.

Attachments

• $DSCF1085.jpg
    $DSCF1085.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 197
  • $DSCF1086.jpg
    $DSCF1086.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 199
Very interesting razor! The skin stretcher (yeah?) roller mechanism is rather unique. It did clean up lovely too. That would appear to be a very uncommon item. Congrats!!

Very interesting razor! The skin stretcher (yeah?) roller mechanism is rather unique. It did clean up lovely too. That would appear to be a very uncommon item. Congrats!!

Thanks, yes it does seem rare. The rollers do not do anything more than cause the blade to oscillate back and forth when they roll. Anyhow, I threw it up on eBay with a silly high BIN now price, so we will see if the OP was right and they go for close to $200.:001_tt1: I prefer razors I can use, not just those to look at.

Nice score, cleanup, and flip! You won the trifecta!

Of course, if this horse race were a hockey game, it would be a hat-trick!

On second thought, if this were a hockey game, someone would be fighting over this one!!

Top Bottom