What's new

Le Grelot Hospital, what do you think?

I received this yesterday, I´ll put vendor's pics until I can shoot some new ones:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Marks are:

"363 5/8" and "LE GRELOT - P.HOSPITAL & Co - THIERS - FRANCE", and on the blade it has stamped: "Forge a la main - Double Evidé Sonnant -Acier Français"...

What do you think? Would it be possible to bring it back to life?

Thanks and regards
Carlos

it looks good - but you'll probably lose the gold if you want to give it a big cleaning :(

it will be a great shaver though, ive an original grelot (a #11) and its marvelous

When I read the title, I thought you broke a Le Grelot and I wanted to slap you through the internet. Glad to know I was wrong :biggrin:

Definitely looks salvageable, and I love the blade profile

Thanks for the reply, I took some better pics today, just to try to show the state of the razor...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks again
Carlos

Forgot to add the pics of the razor once back from Max. I looks great, perfect mixture of old patina but with a great polish:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And while I am at it, this is a Palmera he also brought back to life (pity is no longer a 8/8):

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The sad part is that they will need to find a new home, as I have "sinned" (a lot) in the meantime and my "razor fund" is heavily in red!

Regards

I have of a couple of LGs in similiar condition. The engraving and gold wash are too unusual and distinct to lose for the sake of a high polish finish, IMHO. The patina is a tribute to the razor's age.

Top Bottom