What's new

lavender: in general

Having smelled certain "lavender" detergents and dishsoaps, I thought I was a HUGE fan of lavender.

However, after trying Tobs lavender cream and classic lavender soap, I've decided;

lavender is very spicy, earthy, and medicine-ey smelling.

I hate it. It's like eucalyptus meets Ben Gay muscle cream.

no more for me thank you.

YMMV

I have a tub of D.R. Harris lavender cream and it has a light, floral smell. Nothing like the eucalypt/Ben Gay scent you describe. Which actually sounds kind of interesting!

But it isn't surprising to get those notes. Lavender is in the mint family and there are quite a number of varieties with different characteristics.

Try a different lavender. TOBS florals tends to be medicinal. I tossed a tub of Rose TOBS because the cream smelled like my medicine cabinet.

After trying T&H Rose, however, I liked it so much I bought a second tub as backup in case it runs out.

Best regards,

Jay

Try a different lavender. TOBS florals tends to be medicinal. I tossed a tub of Rose TOBS because the cream smelled like my medicine cabinet.

After trying T&H Rose, however, I liked it so much I bought a second tub as backup in case it runs out.

Best regards,

Jay

Agree totally. I even think their Lemon & Lime smells medicinal-ish (i know i appear to be ragging on this cream a lot lately, but i really don't hate it, i promise). I do think all the creams i've tried in the TOBS range lather and shave supremely well, though.
And +1 million on the T&H Rose. I'm not normally a floral man, but i love that cream, even though i sometimes have a little bit of a struggle getting a quality lather from it - unsure of whether it's "water picky" or just my lacklustre skills.

FWIW, i've never really liked lavender scents on anything.

And +1 million on the T&H Rose. I'm not normally a floral man, but i love that cream, even though i sometimes have a little bit of a struggle getting a quality lather from it - unsure of whether it's "water picky" or just my lacklustre skills.

You know, I've had that same issue with the extreme density of this cream. So what I do is to take the wet brush, shake it out well, then rather than just poke and twist as I would with a TOBS, I stir the brush tips in the cream in the pot until enough cream adheres to the bristles. I then apply to the face and add water to the brush as needed.

It spreads out the thick cream on the skin so that the water immediately dilutes it and I get a rich lather.

Best regards,

Jay

In general, I like lavender. It's a old scent with a noble history for both men and women. Sue at SCS does, or rather did, a fine lavender scent. Sad she discontinued the EDT, but I think she still have the lavender ASM. I think, I hope.

I picked up a tub of AOS Lavender cream and I really enjoy it. It has a nice floral scent but not any hint of spice. It's not an everyday user for me but once a week it makes a nice change.

In general, I like lavender. It's a old scent with a noble history for both men and women. Sue at SCS does, or rather did, a fine lavender scent. Sad she discontinued the EDT, but I think she still have the lavender ASM. I think, I hope.

SCS Lavender is very good. I purchased 3 bottles when she discontinued it just so I wouldn't run out any time soon.

Top Bottom