What's new

Latest restorations

#1 is a 200T, which came with a really worn out knot, and very dirty. I polished with a cloth wheel and put in a Maggard razors 22mm 2-band knot
#2 is a 500PBT. I tried to use it with the factory knot, but it lost the backbone completely, so replaced it with a Maggard Razors 24mm 2-band badger
#3 is a very old model 200, which had a broken base, so I used a soft white epoxy to fix it and painted with nail polish. Then the top part cracked when removing the knot, and also when setting the epoxy, so had to use crazy glue to repair it. I put in an Ace Shaving 19mm Silvertip knot
#4 is a Yaqi boar brush, that I received as a gift, but it kept shedding all the bristles every time I shaved with it. It was really annoying, so decided to remove the stock knot. Used the Dremel drum sander a bit, and was able to fit an Ace Shaving 27mm Silvertip

I already have experience with the Maggard Razors knots, so the first two are top performers. I'll use the Ace Shaving knotted brushes tonight, and see how it compares. Just by the feel of it, I can sense that they have a bit less backbone, but are quite softer to the touch, so let's see how it goes.

BTW, #1 and #2 are glued with epoxy, so no turning back. For #3 and #4, I decided to pour a bit of epoxy to make a base, and reach the proper depth of the knot and made the final glue with red silicone, so I can re-do it if I change my mind.

IMG_2340.jpg IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2342.jpg IMG_2343.jpg IMG_2344.jpg IMG_2345.jpg IMG_2347.jpgIMG_2346.jpg

Last edited:
Great restorations! I love the style of the classic Ever-Ready brushes. You did a fine job bringing them back to life.

Top Bottom