What's new

Lambda Athena

So... I'm confused, they are sold out but estimated delivery on orders is 2 weeks from now?

Is this a glitch on his webpage or does he have finished products ready to ship?

I could ask him ofcourse but I'm not sure I want to know if they are available...🤤😬

View attachment 1515929
You can’t order it - the ‘buy’ button is greyed out since they aren’t in stock. I guess the estimated delivery date is just an automated date showing what it might be if you ordered today, even though you can’t.

I don’t mind this sort of thing. I think the less time he spends learning website design, the more he can spend engineering clever razors.

As far as I have heard there may be new stock around the end of this month.

@Shaun asleep I got info via @ClumsyBull that a drop is expected mid-month.
Just to clarify, when I last spoke to Theo, he mentioned that it'll be a month/month and a half to get things ready for launch. He sounded quite positive, and also, he lined up with website for purchase. So I am of the mind that this should be quite accurate. But of course, I have no clear indication of the exact day in any sense :)

Still, the razor is an absolute work of art I highly recommend to any collector.

Always these waiting lists. I bought a SodaStream out of frustration.
I don’t think you need to be on a waiting list to get one. Theo does allow customers to message him and ask to be prioritised for the next batch - and he followed through on that in my case. But he produces more razors than that and the last batch (the second Athena batch) was available for a month or more before they all sold.

It was just the first Athena batch that sold out in 24hrs and, since it wasn’t really publicised, it would only have been possible to buy one if you knew in advance that it was coming. He made a lot more for the second batch and there was no difficulty ordering one. I’m sure he will have upped his production again, knowing that word is getting out beyond his home country and people like us have been publicly praising the razors.

You’ll get one if you want one, and I doubt you’ll have to rush. In the unlikely scenario that he has underestimated demand then it’ll only be a couple of months before he has more.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
According to the website, I ordered the last one.... but that might be because some were reserved. I didn't get an email so I just placed the order.

Hmmmmm I refreshed the page.. it is still showing "only one left in stock" even after I placed the order. I just hope I end up getting one. I did get an order confirmation, so we'll see. ;)

Thanks @bluewater23t ... I might have missed it without your post.

According to the website, I ordered the last one.... but that might be because some were reserved. I didn't get an email so I just placed the order.

Hmmmmm I refreshed the page.. it is still showing "only one left in stock" even after I placed the order. I just hope I end up getting one. I did get an order confirmation, so we'll see. ;)

Thanks @bluewater23t ... I might have missed it without your post.
Seems to show sold out now, but that seems unlikely unless he only finished a few razors so far.

Top Bottom