What's new

La Toja and Pre de Provence 63: why a faster, smoother shave than others?

La Toja, and Pre de Provence 63:

(a) Do they both have an ingredient, or an extra amount of an ingredient, which makes them soften the beard faster than other soaps?
(b) What other soaps shave as comfortably and quickly as these two soaps, or even better ?

These two soaps seem to soften the beard noticeably faster than the few other soaps I have tried so far. Other soaps have needed the beard to be softened by first showering or laying a warm wet towel on the face, but not all days have time for a proper shave. When not having time, I reach for these soaps to save time while still getting a comfortable close shave. What other soaps could I place in the busy day rotation?

Bass301

My guess is they don't ... <BUT> ... for whatever reason your shaving technique, gear, environment, and facial whiskers all react better to those two soaps. So for <you> they just work really really well which is great. For me, I have La Toja and even though I like it it's nothing but a better-than-average shave product when I use it.

That said I bet we all have some product that for us is just mind-blowingly awesome that for other people is just another shave product. Mine may be Trumpers GFT shave cream ... I'm convinced I could shave with a piece of cardboard using that stuff and get a BBS.

Top Bottom