What's new

Kiss my face shaving creams

Has anyone tried the Key Lime and Pomegranate & Grapefruit lines? I've never tried any of the Kiss My Face creams, yet. But, these scents are really intriguing.

How well is Kiss My Face performance? Does it shave good for a shaving cream in a lotion bottle?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Good stuff. I have some lime, and to be honest I don't give a rat's rear end about what it smells like, but it does smell nice. What is important to me is it makes a nice lather, and works great for making a "superlather" with VDH. Oh, and KMF isn't particularly expensive, either.

Good stuff. I have some lime, and to be honest I don't give a rat's rear end about what it smells like, but it does smell nice. What is important to me is it makes a nice lather, and works great for making a "superlather" with VDH. Oh, and KMF isn't particularly expensive, either.

Is it as good as TOBS and Proraso?

I started with Kiss My Face, and use it now as a component in "superlather." All I've used is the Lavender & Shea, and it's a good cream. As good as TOBS, although the scent isn't nearly as strong. I can't compare to Proraso (haven't used it due to the menthol). For the price (about $5 at Vitacost) you should give it a try.

I have a bottle of KMF Lavender and it's a superb cream. Cheap, pleasantly fragrant, easy to find locally, and moisturizing as heck. I usually don't need aftershave balm after shaving with this stuff. Also, I quite like their pump-action bottles; it takes out some of the guesswork of using a cream (is that an almond-sized glob, or a cashew-sized glob?...)

I also grabbed a tube of their peach scent. It turned out too be a touch too fruity/"feminine" for my taste, so I gave it to my mom. She loved it.

ALMOST as good as AOS :001_tt2:

Last edited:
Not sure where you are located but KMF is easy to find around here at natural food stores. Check if you have a Fresh Market, Whole Foods or Trader Joes in your area. At Whole Foods in my area they carry the entire product line including the scents you are looking for. Some area grocery stores have it also in their natural food sections - Kroger in my area does. They don't have the full product line though.

Not sure on performance - I've never tried it.

Has anyone tried the Key Lime and Pomegranate & Grapefruit lines? I've never tried any of the Kiss My Face creams, yet. But, these scents are really intriguing.

How well is Kiss My Face performance? Does it shave good for a shaving cream in a lotion bottle?

I have the two you mention as well as cool mint and unscented, I think they are all good performers but the pomigranate grapefruit is my least favorite scent, I think it smells like fruit punch.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Is it as good as TOBS and Proraso?

Never used the TOBS. I consider it as good but not really better than Proraso. I don't like the smell of the Proraso all that much. It is a bit overpowering to me. And the KMF is a lot easier to find in the brick n mortars. YMMV

Last edited:
i have yet to be able to find KMF here in syracuse and im ticked about it. i wanna try it bad. but im not buying off ebay for 5 dollar cream and 6 dollar shipping. that nuts.
but i do find bigelow. and its amazing. id be suprised to see kmf better than that.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
i have yet to be able to find KMF here in syracuse and im ticked about it. i wanna try it bad. but im not buying off ebay for 5 dollar cream and 6 dollar shipping. that nuts.
but i do find bigelow. and its amazing. id be suprised to see kmf better than that.

There is no Whole Foods store up there? They usually have it. That's where I get mine. But really, I, too, doubt that you would like it much more than the bigelow so no compelling reason to scour the earth looking for KMF, or pay more for shipping than for the cream. Let's face it... all the popular creams make very good, slick lather.

KMF is a fine cream. I prefer face lathering, and a good squirt on a warm, damp brush creates plenty of lather for three smooth passes. The price is right, especially for the quantity provided, and around Dallas, at least, it's easy to find at Whole Foods or Sprouts or one of the other natural food purveyors.

I think Wegman's carries it. Or get it from Vitacost, around $5 for 11oz, and a low threshold for free shipping.

Not sure where you are located but KMF is easy to find around here at natural food stores. Check if you have a Fresh Market, Whole Foods or Trader Joes in your area. At Whole Foods in my area they carry the entire product line including the scents you are looking for. Some area grocery stores have it also in their natural food sections - Kroger in my area does. They don't have the full product line though.

Not sure on performance - I've never tried it.

There's a few places that carry it. I think WalMart carries it now too.

I *JUST* had my first shave with the GF/Pom scent. Performance aside. The scents REALLY come alive when the water hits them. Prior to this flavor, I've only used the mint. Mint is very potent at all times. I did some sniffing of the various scents at Whole Foods. I opted with the GF/Pom because out of the Key Lime, Patchouli, and Lavender...it was the most potent. Now after my first shave I might have been a bit off-base. As I said, when you lather them the scent REALLY comes to life.

It's a nice scent that wakes you up. It's similar to the mint in terms of "refreshment".

Now one thing I did notice: The peach could possibly be a bit overpowering. They had a tester for the peach hand lotion (not shave cream). I tried some out and found the scent to be very sweet AND strong.

Oh and the performance? Amazing for the price. When lathered it explodes. Very cushioning and quite slick.

I have the cool mint.. It's my go to cream for when I don't feel like shaving and just wants to do 2 passes. The cool mint pairs well with proraso.

I have not tried the grapefruit, but all of the KMF creams I have ever tried have worked very well. Easy to lather, good slide and cushion, can be used brushless also.

I found a KMF Unscented Moisture Shave at a health food store; the only other cream I've tried is the unscented Gentleman's Refinery, and so far, I've had more consistent results - at a fraction of the price - from the KMF. Dense, creamy lather within several swirls of the brush. Good protection of the skin. I like it!

Top Bottom