What's new

Interaction between components of a shave

This isn't anything new or anything, but it's impressive to me how much different components interact with each other to affect shave quality.

I've been trying different soaps and creams lately. I usually use Kiss My Face unscented shaving cream, but decided to try Kirk's unscented soap on a whim, mainly because the ingredients were similar to MDC and it was on sale.

With my Slim, I get a good shave with Kirk's but it's a little less protective than ideal. But in my Muramasa, I get a great shave. Conversely, Kiss My Face feels great with the Slim, but tends to clog up a bit more than ideal in the Muramasa.

Again, not anything amazing but sometimes I'm reminded of it in a very immediate way.

This isn't anything new or anything, but it's impressive to me how much different components interact with each other to affect shave quality.

I've been trying different soaps and creams lately. I usually use Kiss My Face unscented shaving cream, but decided to try Kirk's unscented soap on a whim, mainly because the ingredients were similar to MDC and it was on sale.

With my Slim, I get a good shave with Kirk's but it's a little less protective than ideal. But in my Muramasa, I get a great shave. Conversely, Kiss My Face feels great with the Slim, but tends to clog up a bit more than ideal in the Muramasa.

Again, not anything amazing but sometimes I'm reminded of it in a very immediate way.
Indeed. Take nothing for granted!

I've been reading about pre-shaves and they intrigued me, so as I eyed an old unfinished bottle of hair conditioner this morning, I thought why not? I rubbed some all over my facial hair and let it sit for 5 minutes before shaving. It seems to make a huge difference for me, albeit I was also using a fresh razor blade.

Top Bottom