What's new

King Gillette Weekend

48E80E9E-2D9A-4A6B-A726-F3629F707494.jpeg
First shave with the Sheraton. Wanted one of these for a while. Paired up with a Rapira Platinum Lux on second use. Musgo Real Spiced Citrus shave cream and Razorock 400 brush.

Excellent results. More blade feel than I had expected.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Have to be honest I was expecting something more in line with my Popular. First use today so my technique may need adapting to get the best from the Sheraton
The lighter handle of the Sheraton certainly changes the balance. I tend to prefer the heavier handles (like the Popular).

Gillette popular with a Derby Extra blade on its second use. Taylor of Old Bond Street luxury shave cream and Omega boar brush. Excellent results

View attachment 927179 First shave with the Sheraton. Wanted one of these for a while. Paired up with a Rapira Platinum Lux on second use. Musgo Real Spiced Citrus shave cream and Razorock 400 brush.

Excellent results. More blade feel than I had expected.

The Sheraton and Aristocrat that share that head design are the most aggressive open comb TTO razors Gillette produced for the US market in the 30s.

Started the King Gillette Weekend today (Friday), using my H2 Slim on 9, with a KAI on it's 14th outing. - Quickly becoming one of my favorite combinations. I think the Slim & Super Adjustable are under rated by some, but give an incredibly efficient, yet comfortable shave with any modicum of technique.

Two(2) passes, fully BBS, no weepers, no irritation, just totally smooth afterwards.

Top Bottom