What's new

King Gillette Weekend

King Gillette Weekend Sunday
Ball End OT/Nacet
image.jpeg

Good Evening. Another King Gillette Weekend is upon us. Tonight, for King Gillette Weekend, I shaved with my Gillette Tuckaway style New Deluxe razor, with a Bolzano Superinox blade.

proxy.php

One and one half pass DFS! An awesome shave! Have a great night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! The New DeLuxe has become one of my favorite.

Tonight's shave. I tried out some new Stirling soap and aftershave. Turned out very nice, and I'm really liking this brush.

2018-01-07 17.57.53.jpg

Beautiful Toggle, I too like that brush. Does the toggle shave better than the Fatboy?

Thank you Sir.

For me, the Toggle does shave better than the Fatboy but YMMV. I read somewhere that it's similar to the Red Dot Fatboy, the entire tray moves up and down when adjusted (unlike the regular Fatboy) and puts a different angle on the blade or something like that. I don't use one of the Fatboys much any more, but it's still my favorite adjustable next to the Toggle.

Hi folks, here's to another King Gillette Weekend! A 1909 Gillette ABC Pocket Edition W/Scroll razor and plain case.

proxy.php

Come on folks, post up! Don't let this thread die! Long Live King Gillette!!!!

Hi folks, here's to another King Gillette Weekend! A 1909 Gillette ABC Pocket Edition W/Scroll razor and plain case.

proxy.php

Beautiful razor and pic Alan!

My '61 Adjustable 195 is on duty this weekend :thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is a beautiful set!

A few months ago, I let an Empire set slip through my fingers because I thought the price was a little high. I could kick myself now.

That is a beautiful set!

A few months ago, I let an Empire set slip through my fingers because I thought the price was a little high. I could kick myself now.

Thanks for the kind words about the set, and I know how you feel about this empire sets. I was in a pinch a year or so ago, and was forced to sell mine. It was an immaculate 1909 Empire ABC Pocket Edition. I really miss it.

After a month of wonderful Rocket shaves I decided this weekend to use my British Fat Handle Tech. Only used it once before (got it right before I fell into the Rocket hole) and that was a bit of a rough shave. But this weekend - MAN, what great shaves, this is more efficient than my post-war Techs but equally mild and smooth. This is now my favorite Tech (which is a honor as I do love those Tech’s in general).

Feather blade as always. Software was TOBS Peppermint and B&M Reserve Cool splash. Some of my favorites.

Now I definitely need a Hybrid Tech to top the range off in my small collection...:001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

399E1D81-4335-47BF-B846-9CC0B5DC77A3.jpeg

Last edited:
This is what I chose for this evening.

2018-01-14 17.56.15.jpg

I agree with you @Morman Bridge, let's not let this thread die. This is a great place to post your favorite Gillette razors, and it inspires me to change things up a bit.

After a month of wonderful Rocket shaves I decided this weekend to use my British Fat Handle Tech. Only used it once before (got it right before I fell into the Rocket hole) and that was a bit of a rough shave. But this weekend - MAN, what great shaves, this is more efficient than my post-war Techs but equally mild and smooth. This is now my favorite Tech (which is a honor as I do love those Tech’s in general).

Feather blade as always. Software was TOBS Peppermint and B&M Reserve Cool splash. Some of my favorites.

Now I definitely need a Hybrid Tech to top the range off in my small collection...:001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

View attachment 852568
Those Flat Bottom Tech razors are a great shave. Enjoy!

Thank you Sir. I was just going through some old threads and noticed that you have a Beautiful DR yourself.
Hi, thank you MLee, yes my old DR was a fine looking, and shaving razor, but unfortunately, it found a new home. Hopefully, someday, I will get another.

Top Bottom