What's new

King Gillette blue blades

Has any one heard of a new or reproduction. Runoff the king gillette blue blades.
Iv wanted to try them out but I don’t really want to use the old ones,and I love look of the blued steel.

Nope, haven't heard of that. But as someone who uses vintage blades exclusively I can tell you that I have used a few, very carefully selected, old blue carbon blades. I have never found any original Gillette Blue blades in good enough condition to really use but I have used a few Super Blues and some very excellent Schick Deluxe with Krona Edge that are Blued steel as well but you've really have to be careful about them being still in unbroken, sealed cellophane or plastic and hopefully spent their entire existence in a dry climate. Then your odds are better but be careful. They can give you a close, smooth and different experience.

The only blade that seems similar is the Treet Black. They don't look as cool as the old blue blades, but you can still shave with them. I've tried a couple of vintage Gillette Blue Blades and they didn't shave well at all. I have had luck with some Gillette Thin Blades from the 60s. I believe those are carbon steel too.

The only blade that seems similar is the Treet Black. They don't look as cool as the old blue blades, but you can still shave with them. I've tried a couple of vintage Gillette Blue Blades and they didn't shave well at all. I have had luck with some Gillette Thin Blades from the 60s. I believe those are carbon steel too.
Yes, the Gillette Thins are carbon and I too have had more luck with those over the original Blue Blades. I have gotten good shaves with them, none with a Blue. I use the Super Blues often with good results but the very best carbon ones I have used, and they are very good are the Schick Deluxe with Krona Edge. I was lucky enough to find two fully sealed in the original cellophane dispensers of fifteen that had been sealed up in Tupperware in a dry environment.

Top Bottom