What's new

King C Gillette blades now made in China

A three-dollar coupon on Amazon enticed me to pick up some King C Gillette blades.
I was surprised to see they are now manufactured in China. Haven’t tried them yet.

IMG_2229.jpeg
IMG_2230.jpeg

Yes I did the same thing, amazon coupon to get 3 dollars off, this was last month as they are also made in China as well, mine are 1 day earlier than yours rofl on the made time.

I really like the King C (PPI Russian made) myself and have so many blades to try and go thru. I still have the Russian made ones (a decent amount by my standards), I don't know if anyone has done a comparison of the two.

Interesting in light of all the speculation that they are rebadged versions of other blades. I have no idea if that was the case, but I have to admit it makes sense despite them feeling smoother for me than Platinums. Which other Gillette blades are manufactured in China now?

Reactions: Kix
A three-dollar coupon on Amazon enticed me to pick up some King C Gillette blades.
I was surprised to see they are now manufactured in China. Haven’t tried them yet.

If you have some Russians, could you post some side by side pictures of the blades please.

Feel free or post a review once you have tried them too:yesnod:

How product works is more important then where it is made to people who don't care where product is made. Friend has all his Cigar Accessories made in China, because two thing important to end users.

Price, and the Items Work.
Our primary concern in the shaving world stems from the possibility moving a product could change its behavior. It has happened so we when we see it we report on it. I don't think the majority of people do care as long as the products behave similarly.

Our primary concern in the shaving world stems from the possibility moving a product could change its behavior. It has happened so we when we see it we report on it. I don't think the majority of people do care as long as the products behave similarly.

Chinese worker can build quality products. If the blade are good quality, don’t care personally who builds.

I personally bought a Yaqi Shave Brush, it was a good price and what I call SuperBrusg.🏆

Chinese worker can build quality products. If the blade are good quality, don’t care personally who builds.

I personally bought a Yaqi Shave Brush, it was a good price and what I call SuperBrusg.

It's just a 'heads-up' that a product has changed manufacturing locations so people know it. I happen to like most Chinese blades I've ever used with the exception of the blades that come with the Dollar Tree DEs.

IDK? Most certainly a lower cost to produce end product, yet their retail price remains at 70-Cents apiece.

Maybe with a $3 off coupon?

Still that only reduces the price down to 35-cents each.

My favorite DE blades are probably some of my most expensive, except for the K.C.G.'s and the Feathers, they are the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum blades (a.k.a. "Black's"), which are made in India. They are currently priced at $32/hundred on Amazon.

I think that Proctor and Gamble has seen the writing on the wall and it extends far beyond the current "conflict".

Still, this is yet a further example of companies like Proctor and Gamble to reduce production costs and to further continue to rip off the consumer more.

While I might purchase some tucks at a $3 discount. I would be doing this for comparison bases only.

It does not always come up on Amazon, it comes up on occasion thats how I got mine for $3off, it was by chance that I got it.

I also have had it where you buy like 3 or 4 items you get $5 off, it just depends on when it pops up for sale.

I got those deals by chance and sometimes just paid the full price for 10 blades just because I really do like them and want to have some around in case I feel like using them so.

Thats how its been for me.

OK, I shaved with one today, and I am reporting back on the experience. I used a Wolfman 1.25 SB, Varlet Ranger 25.4mm brush, Martin de Candre Vetyver, and Gillette Cool Wave aftershave:
IMG_2243.jpeg

As reference, some of my other favorite blades included the Russian-made Wizamets, Gillette Platinums, and Gillette Silver Blues and Japanese-made Feathers and KAIs.

When I started the shave this morning, I temporarily forgot that I was testing a new blade (I had loaded it the night before). When I drew the razor across my face, my initial thought was “that was uncomfortable.” I checked the head of my razor to make sure that it was tightened. It was. That’s when I remembered I was testing a new blade.

The rest of the shave felt similar. This blade was rough to me. Perhaps it will smooth out after the coating wears thin. One thing for sure, it is a completely different blade. It reminded me of Shark Super Chromes, which I find to be rough as well.

On the plus side, the blade was sharp and I got a close shave. It was not comfortable, however. One of the things I liked about my favorite PPI blades is that they were smooth and sharp out of the gate. I doubt I will be buying more of these new KGCs.

-Trey

OK, I shaved with one today, and I am reporting back on the experience. I used a Wolfman 1.25 SB, Varlet Ranger 25.4mm brush, Martin de Candre Vetyver, and Gillette Cool Wave aftershave:
View attachment 1726439
As reference, some of my other favorite blades included the Russian-made Wizamets, Gillette Platinums, and Gillette Silver Blues and Japanese-made Feathers and KAIs.

When I started the shave this morning, I temporarily forgot that I was testing a new blade (I had loaded it the night before). When I drew the razor across my face, my initial thought was “that was uncomfortable.” I checked the head of my razor to make sure that it was tightened. It was. That’s when I remembered I was testing a new blade.

The rest of the shave felt similar. This blade was rough to me. Perhaps it will smooth out after the coating wears thin. One thing for sure, it is a completely different blade. It reminded me of Shark Super Chromes, which I find to be rough as well.

On the plus side, the blade was sharp and I got a close shave. It was not comfortable, however. One of the things I liked about my favorite PPI blades is that they were smooth and sharp out of the gate. I doubt I will be buying more of these new KGCs.

-Trey
Exactly my experience with the other Gillette made in china.

Rough.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I can't say I'm surprised to hear the bad news. I had pretty inconsistent results from a 10 pack a while back. Two were spectacular in comfort and longevity. A couple were uncomfortable and the rest were just average blades. Give the ridiculous price and the equally ridiculous packaging I'll pass.

…This blade was rough to me. Perhaps it will smooth out after the coating wears thin. One thing for sure, it is a completely different blade

-Trey

Exactly my experience with the other Gillette made in china.

Rough.

I can't say I'm surprised to hear the bad news. I had pretty inconsistent results from a 10 pack a while back…

Darn it.

Even-though the PPI’s were super expensive, I liked knowing they were available at a lot of bricks&mortars for an emergency purchase. The only other easily available store blade is the Wilkie, which doesn’t agree with me.

There are the German-made Personnas as well—which are private labeled for drug store chains.
Not in my neck of the woods(Canada).

Locally I can only get KCG’s and Wilkies at most pharmacies, and some Indian Gillette Wilkinson Swords from a discount store(they are sitting on my shelf right now, but haven’t gotten around to trying them yet).

Thank goodness for internet vendors!

Top Bottom