What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had one of my best shaves ever today with my Karve SB-E. It's taken me a few shaves to bond with this razor and in fact, I was second guessing myself on the E plate but today it all came together on two days growth. A magnificent shave, perhaps my closest shave ever. The Karve has gone from being a "wonder if it's going to work out" razor, to one of my favorites and I decided to order the C-plate for milder feeling days.

20211101_170528.jpg

20211101_170428.jpg

I had one of my best shaves ever today with my Karve SB-E. It's taken me a few shaves to bond with this razor and in fact, I was second guessing myself on the E plate but today it all came together on two days growth. A magnificent shave, perhaps my closest shave ever. The Karve has gone from being a "wonder if it's going to work out" razor, to one of my favorites and I decided to order the C-plate for milder feeling days.

View attachment 1356106

View attachment 1356110
I bought one of the original brass sets when they first came out along with plates AA through E and later added F. I don't possess a G plate.

I have used all the plates and each has utility for me except perhaps AA. I think AA might have some greater utility if I were still a working stiff and had to do a second shave for an evening event.

I like to switch plates between passes, dropping down to a less aggressive plate. If I have more than a couple days beard growth I start out with E or F then on to C for the second pass and B for my third.

I have never regretted purchasing the full array of plates. The flexibility that this has provided is amazing. Some days I need to use an A and some days I need an F. If I shaved every day (I usually shave every other day) and just used one plate I think I would use a C or B. The bottom line is that I think you are on the right track.

A Karve reveal tomorrow. Picture on their Facebook page copied below shows a new handle design but the remainder is hidden. I don't need another but am interested none the less.

proxy.php
Thanks for this info.

Looks like a new brass / anodized black aluminum handle?! Maybe it's even accompanied by a new head, but who knows.

Designe-wise and according to this single picture alone I'm not very overly tempted, tbh.

Its funny how Chris has all this extra time on his hands to release new handles and aluminum razors but has failed to produce a titanium razor for well over 2 years now!! Priorities I guess!!:popc:

:shaving:
Below is the Karve announcement on their Facebook page. They appear to be good looking razors. I am only 6 months into DE shaving and my brass CB is doing a great job for me. I think I will continue down the soap acquisition hole before looking for more hardware.

Cheers Tom

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Introducing the Overlander.

A brand new razor with roots in what we learned from the Christopher Bradley and from the feedback gathered from our fine customers.

The Overlander is designed to be comfortable across a wide variety of conditions. It's great for daily shaves and with multiple days of growth. At home in your den, on a business trip, or at the cabin, the Overlander is there when you need it.

Like with the CB before it, the Overlander is intuitive to use. It's on the more efficient side of the spectrum, but not overly so. A moderate amount of blade exposure (0.07mm) is combined with head geometry that won't punish you if you don't get the shaving angle quite right.
The blade is clamped securely, so blade chatter is minimized and the shave stays smooth.
Against the grain on the first pass, intentionally or not, is possible without getting nicked. It's a great feature for head-shaving, for when you're in a hurry, or if your beard doesn't grow straight and mapping it accurately is difficult.
Shave angle comes up a lot when discussing the CB. Many of our fans like the CB just the way it is, but a number of wetshavers prefer a more traditional shave angle. The Overlander runs closer to the nominal 30° and doesn't ride the cap the same way that the CB does.
The large passages on the underside of the plate make it easy to dump shaving swarf.
The Overlander is designed around one plate and one handle.
And yes, the blade tabs are covered (rejoice or curse, as you see fit).
The first batch of brass razors is set to drop tonight at 17:00 MST. Aluminum is coming right behind it, but due to significant material delays, we got a late start and the first batch is still a few days away from completion.
It's worth mentioning that the Overlander is not replacing the Christopher Bradley. It will be added to our lineup for the foreseeable future and production of both razors will be ongoing.
#TheOverlander #safetyrazor #madeincanada #brass #aluminum#blackfriday

proxy.php

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
:shaving:
Below is the Karve announcement on their Facebook page. They appear to be good looking razors. I am only 6 months into DE shaving and my brass CB is doing a great job for me. I think I will continue down the soap acquisition hole before looking for more hardware.

Cheers Tom

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Introducing the Overlander.

A brand new razor with roots in what we learned from the Christopher Bradley and from the feedback gathered from our fine customers.

The Overlander is designed to be comfortable across a wide variety of conditions. It's great for daily shaves and with multiple days of growth. At home in your den, on a business trip, or at the cabin, the Overlander is there when you need it.

Like with the CB before it, the Overlander is intuitive to use. It's on the more efficient side of the spectrum, but not overly so. A moderate amount of blade exposure (0.07mm) is combined with head geometry that won't punish you if you don't get the shaving angle quite right.
The blade is clamped securely, so blade chatter is minimized and the shave stays smooth.
Against the grain on the first pass, intentionally or not, is possible without getting nicked. It's a great feature for head-shaving, for when you're in a hurry, or if your beard doesn't grow straight and mapping it accurately is difficult.
Shave angle comes up a lot when discussing the CB. Many of our fans like the CB just the way it is, but a number of wetshavers prefer a more traditional shave angle. The Overlander runs closer to the nominal 30° and doesn't ride the cap the same way that the CB does.
The large passages on the underside of the plate make it easy to dump shaving swarf.
The Overlander is designed around one plate and one handle.
And yes, the blade tabs are covered (rejoice or curse, as you see fit).
The first batch of brass razors is set to drop tonight at 17:00 MST. Aluminum is coming right behind it, but due to significant material delays, we got a late start and the first batch is still a few days away from completion.
It's worth mentioning that the Overlander is not replacing the Christopher Bradley. It will be added to our lineup for the foreseeable future and production of both razors will be ongoing.
#TheOverlander #safetyrazor #madeincanada #brass #aluminum#blackfriday

proxy.php
Just ordered mine:

proxy.php

My go to razors are the ATT S1/S2 and SE1. The only traditional DE I have is the Rockwell 6S. Not impressed with the 6S efficiency, and dislike the bulky head and controlling the weight distribution. Karve's reputation of being smooth and efficient has thinking about trying a traditional DE again.

Looking at a brass CB with a D-SB plate but would like to try an OC as well. I'm thinking a B-OC might make for a mild efficient daily shaver?

Do any Karve aficionados have experiences with the above ATTs? Would the B-OC be a waste of time? I know, YMMV. Just buy it and sell it if it doesn't work for you.

I wonder why this new razor wasn’t released to fit the normal plates, or maybe it was? The only change would have to be the top cap and the handle, other than that pretty well the same.
I think he might have been better off to make the new handle.

Top Bottom