What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I absolutely love my Karve. I have the brass 3" handle with a D solid bar plate, and it shaves like a dream. I have no idea how it's as efficient as it is without being overly aggressive. It is just so damn smooth. It's basically a perfect razor.

I won't get one, only because I own a brass 3" handle with a D plate, and it's just ridiculous how good that razor is, so I don't feel the need to get another in a different material.

I have a brass with D plate, but I do not take the razor apart to clean and dry it after every shave. Thus, mine is getting water spots, etc. That is why I am on the wait list for a SS.

I have a brass with D plate, but I do not take the razor apart to clean and dry it after every shave. Thus, mine is getting water spots, etc. That is why I am on the wait list for a SS.
I take my brass Karve apart after each shave to clean and dry, then reassemble.
This is a major reason why i have the SS inbound.

Received an e-mail from Karve with an invoice for the SB-C plate that I wanted to be added to my initial order. Shortly after I paid it, I received another e-mail that said "a shipment from order #xxxx is on the way". So my order has been shipped now and the countdown begins.

I hear you. I take mine apart and dry after each shave, but I can get a little too "precise" about things. I think that's why I took to wet shaving so much: you can get carried away if you want!

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I absolutely love my Karve. I have the brass 3" handle with a D solid bar plate, and it shaves like a dream. I have no idea how it's as efficient as it is without being overly aggressive. It is just so damn smooth. It's basically a perfect razor.

You speak truth.

I hear you. I take mine apart and dry after each shave, but I can get a little too "precise" about things. I think that's why I took to wet shaving so much: you can get carried away if you want!

One reason I do not take my razor apart each shave is that I often use 2-3 razor per shave to optimize the razor and blade for each pass. It would take to long to clean each razor thoroughly.

Shave . . . disassemble, clean, dry, store.

Takes me a couple minutes to do it, and people who go on about handling the blade as little as possible make me question why they even shave in the first place.

+1 I clean everything, always. As much as Proraso coats everything in soap scum after a single shave, I couldn’t imagine just rinsing and letting be.

Side note, another stainless shipping notice received. Estimated delivery 7/29

Mine says the 22nd. So now the debate starts (in my head) about whether to postpone Sunday's shave.

Shave . . . disassemble, clean, dry, store.

Takes me a couple minutes to do it, and people who go on about handling the blade as little as possible make me question why they even shave in the first place.

To each his own but I never disassemble my razors unless I'm changing the blade. Zero problems with my stainless and brass razors over numerous years. I just rinse them, give them a few shakes and then pat dry the outside. Takes 5 to 10 seconds.

To me that's the beauty of stainless and brass razors being that they are tough as nails and require little care.

I've always thought disassembling after each use has the potential for more harm than good with the possibility of stripping and wear to the screw (3 piece) or excess wear to the mechanism (TTO).

To each his own but I never disassemble my razors unless I'm changing the blade. Zero problems with my stainless and brass razors over numerous years. I just rinse them, give them a few shakes and then pat dry the outside. Takes 5 to 10 seconds.

To me that's the beauty of stainless and brass razors being that they are tough as nails and require little care.

I've always thought disassembling after each use has the potential for more harm than good with the possibility of stripping and wear to the screw (3 piece) or excess wear to the mechanism (TTO).

^This

I’ve had a few days with the stainless C and F plates and I don’t know how to describe it but they have a crispness to them and they shave beautifully. I wish I’d ordered more plates but there’s always time for that later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just got the tatara SB dark and i used it the first time today with a gillette blue blade. got a pretty good shave nice n smooth, efficient. nice bbs shave. also i find it easier to shave around beard lines with this blade since its on the thinner side. and its easier to maneuver. nicely heavy too.

I hope I've ordered enough plates because otherwise it'll be a loooong waiting period. The goal was to get a razor that could handle 2-3 days of growth and 4-7 days of growth. That's why I ordered the SB-C, SB-F, OC-C and OC-F plates (use my R41 most of the time now).

I recently ordered another APShaveCo brush and it used the exact same shipping method as my Karve. It took 14 days for the brush to arrive, but I have a feeling that my Karve will take a bit longer because I'm expecting import taxes this time.

Top Bottom