What's new

Karve Bison

I did a two-pass shave today with an Astra Green using the tips above adjusting the angle and strokes, and it went quite nice :thumbsup:. I think part of the issue was that I went from a Rockwell 6S, which has good weight to the light aluminum Bison and had to adjust the feel.
Yeah, it took more than a few shaves to get used to the lightness of the aluminum. Now it's delivering fantastic, comfortable shaves.

I own both & did a comparison shave a few days ago. I did an aluminum Overlander on the left side of my face & the bison on the right both with new Perma-Sharp blades. The OL seemed to remove more whiskers on the first pass, they both were about equal on the second & by the third pass they both were BBS for me. I had one touch up with each razor but find they are pretty much equal to one another.

I own both & did a comparison shave a few days ago. I did an aluminum Overlander on the left side of my face & the bison on the right both with new Perma-Sharp blades. The OL seemed to remove more whiskers on the first pass, they both were about equal on the second & by the third pass they both were BBS for me. I had one touch up with each razor but find they are pretty much equal to one another.

Thank you!

1711515012143.png

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this certainly proves it for me as I see no beauty in this handle at all but it does look better than the Athena handle!! :blink:
😁 I find it interesting. Would't say beauty. But we are speaking about 3 times cheaper razor as Athena.. I ordered it because it can be perfect travel razor for me (if it works so easy as Overlander what probably do)

That glacier looks stunning! I just dont think I'd get along with an aluminum razor. For me it always feels like way more work than stainless, brass, bronze, or even titanium.

I ordered my Bison a couple weeks after I ordered my Overlander. Karve waited an extra week and shipped them both together.

I’ve been enjoying the Overlander so much that I haven’t tried the Bison.

I want to shave with the Overlander a few more times so that I have a really good feel for it before I switch to the Bison. That way I can better describe a comparison.

That glacier looks stunning! I just dont think I'd get along with an aluminum razor. For me it always feels like way more work than stainless, brass, bronze, or even titanium.
Why not stick the head on a steel handle?
You could shift your grip to account for the change of centre of balance (if you felt like you needed to).

Why not stick the head on a steel handle?
You could shift your grip to account for the change of centre of balance (if you felt like you needed to).
I do that with my Henson, and I wish that Karve used the same threading as everyone else so that I could try that with a Bison or Overlander.

full

Karve Bison | Connaught OMEGA Jade | Personna Comfort Coated | Stirling Glacial Citron | Speick ASL

I've had a lot of shaves using the aluminum Bison and the Overlander. After a week's worth of shaves using my new aluminum Overlander, I took the Bison for a spin. I maintain, the Bison is a little bit more efficient than the Overlander. But I admit the Bison is just as gentle. The head geometry of the Bison makes the Bison shave better than the Overlander. So overall, the Bison beats the Overlander. I still love the Overlander but this Bison is a treat to use.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
One can put a 10/32 head onto a m5 handle, you just can't do the opposite

PAA claim they use 10/32” threading and only two of way too many M5 x 0.8mm heads fit on their 10/32” handles. And it’s apples to apples with Karve claiming they use 10/32” thread size as well

@NotBloomingAL , your photos of the tangerine Bison are torture in the best way. I’m sure the design and anodizing help, but your photos breathe life into it.

I thank Karve for only selling then with the massively tall 3.5” handle or else more money would be gone from me to them.

PAA claim they use 10/32” threading and only two of way too many M5 x 0.8mm heads fit on their 10/32” handles. And it’s apples to apples with Karve claiming they use 10/32” thread size as well

Yes, one is not supposed to put an M5 head on a 10/32 handle. But a 10/32 head should work on an M5 handle, like I said.

PAA uses 10/32? They should clearly say that then!

Top Bottom