What's new

Just the facts. First Fountain Pen, for a street cop.

Aurora is great.

I also don't think you'll go wrong with either Heart of Darkness or Old Manhattan Blackest Black (exclusive to Fountain Pen Hospital) by Noodler's.

My reports have to be signed by the victims or complainants and I'd need my writing to be dry by the time I hand the clip board over to them. Thanks for the recommendation.

I hope you're not planning on handing your fountain pen to the victims or complainants for them to sign the report. People unfamiliar with the use of fountain pens (probably 75% or more of the population) have no clue and can easily damage your pen, particularly when they try to press down with it like they do with ballpoints. Carry a throw-away ballpoint for their use.

I hope you're not planning on handing your fountain pen to the victims or complainants for them to sign the report. People unfamiliar with the use of fountain pens (probably 75% or more of the population) have no clue and can easily damage your pen, particularly when they try to press down with it like they do with ballpoints. Carry a throw-away ballpoint for their use.

No, not at all.

I never, I mean never, let anyone use my pens. The city gives us cheapies for that purpose.

It's mostly for sanitary reasons. Lots of times, my victims are being treated for injuries while I am taking their reports. Blood, urine, feces, snot, tears.....you name it.

Lot's of nasties in this line of work. I have dealt with everything from TB patients, full blown HIV, people with rotting......well, you get the idea.

Nobody is touching this Waterman.

Regards.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No, not at all.

I never, I mean never, let anyone use my pens. The city gives us cheapies for that purpose.

It's mostly for sanitary reasons. Lots of times, my victims are being treated for injuries while I am taking their reports. Blood, urine, feces, snot, tears.....you name it.

Lot's of nasties in this line of work. I have dealt with everything from TB patients, full blown HIV, people with rotting......well, you get the idea.

Regards.
Good, I was going to mention it, too, but I know my sister (Wise County Dep. Sheriff) does the same. Where are you serving? I know cops like to swap patches, so if you want one frome Wise County, TX, I will talk to her about a swap.

No, not at all.

Regards.

You just put me off becoming a cop. I do, however, appreciate all that you do, sir.

-Andy

I found a Waterman Hemisphere, medium nib, chrome trim today for 41.23 shipped and went ahead and pulled the trigger on it.

You did the right thing. I think you'll love that pen. Also, I second (or third) the Aurora, Pelikan, and Diamine Registrar's ink suggestions, especially the Dimine Registrar's if you need an archival quality ink.

-Andy

You did the right thing. I think you'll love that pen. Also, I second (or third) the Aurora, Pelikan, and Diamine Registrar's ink suggestions, especially the Dimine Registrar's if you need an archival quality ink.

-Andy

I thought the price was good too. About the same money as the Sheaffers but I just liked the style of the Waterman so much.

Reminds me....I need to see if it has shipped yet.

Ordered the Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black for ink.

Last edited:
Good, I was going to mention it, too, but I know my sister (Wise County Dep. Sheriff) does the same. Where are you serving? I know cops like to swap patches, so if you want one frome Wise County, TX, I will talk to her about a swap.

I am not into the patch swapping thing. PM me and I will let you in on what agency I am with. If she doesn't have one of our patches, we will discuss getting one sent out to her.

I try to leave the office at the office, if you know what I mean. I have none of the typical cop related hobbies (patches, challenge coins, heavy drinking, womanizing) and live a simple life.

I'd rather be spending time with family, hiking, antique shopping, etc. Boring to some but just the way I am.

PM me though. I'd be happy to get a patch out to her.

Regards.

And no offense to any drunk skirt chasers out there. :001_smile

I am not into the patch swapping thing. PM me and I will let you in on what agency I am with. If she doesn't have one of our patches, we will discuss getting one sent out to her.

I try to leave the office at the office, if you know what I mean. I have none of the typical cop related hobbies (patches, challenge coins, heavy drinking, womanizing) and live a simple life.

I'd rather be spending time with family, hiking, antique shopping, etc. Boring to some but just the way I am.

PM me though. I'd be happy to get a patch out to her.

Regards.

And no offense to any drunk skirt chasers out there. :001_smile

None taken. :a17:

450.00......I'll take four. lol

If I bought a four hundred dollar pen, I'd have it for about three days and lose it in the first foot pursuit I initiated. Plus, my wife would show her displeasure in certain ways that would make me regret the purchase for the rest of my days.

The Waterman it is. Now, to select an ink. Noodler's Bulletproof black is in the lead.

Heck my number one pen, Nakaya Piccolo cost $550. Waterman are great pens. As for ink note that Noodler's is VERY lubricating and will give you a lot of nib creep. Aurora is a very fast drying ink and might suit you better.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Lots of times, my victims are being treated for injuries while I am taking their reports. Blood, urine, feces, snot, tears.....you name it.

You just put me off becoming a cop.

... the typical cop related hobbies (heavy drinking, womanizing) ...

Andy's back in.

Top Bottom