What's new

Just shaved my wife's legs

As the title says I just shaved my wife's legs with a straight. No disasters.

The hardest part was that I had no routine. I normally face lather and use a brush scuttle. With my wife, I had no feel for how much soap to use on her legs, or how that would work out, so I bowl lathered. I just did a single WTG pass. I did an experimental ATG second pass in one area, but there did not seem to be much gained and I figured that less was best.

As the title says I just shaved my wife's legs with a straight. No disasters.

The hardest part was that I had no routine. I normally face lather and use a brush scuttle. With my wife, I had no feel for how much soap to use on her legs, or how that would work out, so I bowl lathered. I just did a single WTG pass. I did an experimental ATG second pass in one area, but there did not seem to be much gained and I figured that less was best.

She let you shave her legs with a straight? That's trust, man.

Wow, I am impressed, both by her trust in you (evidence of a healthy marriage) and of your confidence in your SR skills. I was able to get my wife into DE shaving, and have shaved her legs, but I wouldn't trust myself to use a straight, even with years of experience. Well done!

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I've been shaving my wife's legs with a straight about once a month for several years. She likes the pampering and the sing of the blade, but hates cold lather. There is a lot of real estate in a pair of legs and even with a scuttle, the lather gets cold.

I have shaved my wife's legs with a shavette years ago without incident. She loved how smooth they were and now uses a shavette from time to time herself.
Once you are comfortable using a straight it is not so difficult navigating new terrain.
I will be attempting a face shave for my brother in law in the near future with a real straight. That will be the test for me.

I am new to SR shaving, but too many times, I felt on my face, the need to stop and regroup. I cannot imagine shaving without that feedback. But in 5 Years, who knows.

Wow....awesome Victor!!! Gotta ask....which one of your razors did you use and has she consigned you to make her one :001_tt2:
I keep trying to get my wife to give it a go but she says that shes happy with the way she does it now :c7:

Wow....awesome Victor!!! Gotta ask....which one of your razors did you use and has she consigned you to make her one :001_tt2:
I keep trying to get my wife to give it a go but she says that shes happy with the way she does it now :c7:
I used my normal Monday razor 'Plum Twisted' so I will use it again tomorrow to test the sharpness. She didn't mention wanting one. I think she figures 'Why buy a cow when you get the milk for free.'

I used my normal Monday razor 'Plum Twisted' so I will use it again tomorrow to test the sharpness. She didn't mention wanting one. I think she figures 'Why buy a cow when you get the milk for free.'
Yah...lol...spunds like your hired....lol

I’ve done a couple girlfriends. The biggest hurdle to me is figuring out the pressure without feedback. You gotta talk it out and adjust as neeeessay.

I didn't really have feedback issues (of either type) except on the knee cap area. It seemed like the thicker skin made it hard to feel through the razor what was happening. Ankles were easier than I expected. I used the same razor for today's shave and the sharpness seemed unaffected.

As kids today would say "photos or it didn't happen" @bluesman 7 :D :D :D

Just kidding, just kidding ... of course.

I mean it's something that's "been done" in my household (always fun too) with DE, but not sure how comfortable I'd be with straight, mostly due to lack of feedback as others have mentioned, and just in general, different angles than what I'm used to.

Maybe one of the razors honed more for comfort, with slightly less keen edge would be a good start.

Last edited:
As kids today would say "photos or it didn't happen" @bluesman 7 :D :D :D

Just kidding, just kidding ... of course.

I mean it's something that's "been done" in my household (always fun too) with DE, but not sure how comfortable I'd be with straight, mostly due to lack of feedback as others have mentioned, and just in general, different angles than what I'm used to.

Maybe one of the razors honed more for comfort, with slightly less keen edge would be a good start.
Borris get out the Koraat and i bet you wont have to do it....lol.

Top Bottom