What's new

Just ordered some Strop Shoppe.

Nice! I'm interested in them as well, but I need to finish a puck of SOMETHING before I buy anything else. Will be curious how it compares to Stirling or Tiki Bar, if you've ever used them.

Nice. I have Black Tie and Baker Street. Scent is a little on the weak side in my opinion, but the performance is absolutely top notch.

Nice! I'm interested in them as well, but I need to finish a puck of SOMETHING before I buy anything else. Will be curious how it compares to Stirling or Tiki Bar, if you've ever used them.
I hear ya. I'm around fifty soaps so the last thing I need is more soap but what the heck. I've used Stirling and honestly it's not my favorite performing soap but I'll be sure to post my thoughts in comparison with my other soaps.

Did you grab the SE or Original version of Barbershoppe? The scent is very similar to Mikes. The texture is softer similar to RazoRock, but the lather is great. The scent lasts longer than others, and the post shave feel is what really sets it apart from the other barbershop scents in my collection. You have a pair of great soaps heading your way. Im curious to hear the scent descrption of date night. Please let us know...

If you ordered the SE or LE I'm certain you'll find it's performance as good and likely as just about everything else in your horde. Let us know how it goes.

Those 2 scents are great. Barbershop smells just like Mike's. Date night is my wife's favorite shaving product scent along with Windsor/SOZ.

I've got two Special Editions: Russian Tea and Baker Street; and the non tallow Black Tie. The Baker St and Black Tie are very pleasant scents, but on the weak side (for me) but outstanding performers. Now the Russian Tea, on the other hand, is awesome in every respect! As a matter of fact, that Russian Tea is in my top tier of soaps, it's that good. I'll be curious to read your assessment of Date Night and Barbershop, scent wise and performance wise.

The "weaker scent" is rather curious. About six months ago I had both Black Tie and Baker Street. One of the reasons I let them go was that the scent was too strong. Maybe it was just my nose or maybe the artisan toned down the intensity.

Did you grab the SE or Original version of Barbershoppe? The scent is very similar to Mikes. The texture is softer similar to RazoRock, but the lather is great. The scent lasts longer than others, and the post shave feel is what really sets it apart from the other barbershop scents in my collection. You have a pair of great soaps heading your way. Im curious to hear the scent descrption of date night. Please let us know...
According to Maggard's website they are both special edition soaps.

If you ordered the SE or LE I'm certain you'll find it's performance as good and likely as just about everything else in your horde. Let us know how it goes.

Those 2 scents are great. Barbershop smells just like Mike's. Date night is my wife's favorite shaving product scent along with Windsor/SOZ.
Does date night smell like Son of Zeus / Terre D'Hermes?

I have only smelled a few scents, and I only have a full tub of the Teak Wood, but I would say Strop Shoppe is the definition of "lightly scented" but not "weak scented". What I mean by that is the scents are complex, and bloom when you lather, but they are not overpowering or unnoticeable. I think they find a pretty good medium. YMMV of course.

I hear ya. I'm around fifty soaps so the last thing I need is more soap but what the heck. I've used Stirling and honestly it's not my favorite performing soap but I'll be sure to post my thoughts in comparison with my other soaps.
I just ordered Austin and Baker St. Both se. Really looking forward to them. I also think that sterling soaps are just OK. Mikes, tiki and barrister and mann are my favs so far. I think its more of a post shave feel and scent preference more than performance between them.

@RammerJammer, I was so close to pulling the trigger on Austin, but decided on the barbershoppe. Im curious how well that scent will be, and if it is one that I need to order next time. Please share your impressions

@RammerJammer, I was so close to pulling the trigger on Austin, but decided on the barbershoppe. Im curious how well that scent will be, and if it is one that I need to order next time. Please share your impressions
I most certainly will. Ill post a new thread just for that soap as there really isnt much info on it. Ill try to put the scent in laymans terms so people might know what they are getting into. I can never tell that they smell like from the descriptions most of the time.

Top Bottom